Spectos/Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Only one delivery all week here!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Saetana said:
    And that Spectos bundle is really really late - sounds like there is a particular problem with the mail in your area.
    I actually spoke to the postie as he was shoving half a dozen through next door.  He was surprised how big the bundle was.  He also admitted to being a temp so perhaps brought in to clear a backlog.

I've had one parcel not arrive (due 25th Oct) and the tracking is no help.

All my Spectos bundles have been late - the first few being the day after they were due out; then the week after, now a fortnight after.

I'm going to be positive and hope that the incentive stamps are also in the backlog  B)
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 12 November 2022 at 12:47AM
    Options

Misslayed said:
    Most of my post from Spectos has not been franked at all so no idea how long it's been in transit

The QR code stamps they use do not need to be franked any more. The QR is a unique digital code and it is electronically logged. If someone tries to re-use that stamp the computer should flag it up as already used.

A lot of people will be disapointed by this. So many people selling these "philatelic only" stamps on ebay. Which are in sheets of 50, perfectly arranged stamps. Why would stamp collectors want 50 of these commonly used 1st class stamp is anyones guess. 

I've used up all my kanter tns stamps and it's painful having to actually pay for stamps now.

• joeyjimbles
    Options
    Just in case you do have any leftover TNS or other non-barcoded stamps - the use-by date has been extended to 31 July 2023 in case you hadn't seen it

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2022/11/nonbarcoded-stamps-summer-2023-delay-royal-mail/
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£465.00 (93%)    Fn £400                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£404.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£085.00 (18%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£070.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£086.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just in case you do have any leftover TNS or other non-barcoded stamps - the use-by date has been extended to 31 July 2023 in case you hadn't seen it

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2022/11/nonbarcoded-stamps-summer-2023-delay-royal-mail/

Thanks for that - brilliant news - I will use the last of my old first class stamps for Christmas cards but was worried I would have some large letter stamps left.  An extra six months should take care of that.
    2020 Wins:
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Someone mentioned the lack of handwritten envelopes - I've had a couple where the font on the label looks like it could be handwritten, presumably this is how they are going to cover that aspect of the survey.  Suits me fine - I much prefer having the items pre-prepared.
    2020 Wins:
  • BigPlonker
    Options
    Kanter finished 2 weeks ago for me and I got an invite to Spectos today. I accepted it but not too keen after hearing nobody has been given any stamps yet 🤔
  • seatbeltnoob
    Options
    I hope spectos get their act together.

They system is better I have to give them that. I have no mess. I you just keep the prepared envelops in date order in a stack and post them as and when the time comes. SImple as that. With Kanter TNS survey I have a whole box of clutter (a4 envelops and blank label sheets that I plan on using). but during the survey I would get a big messy pile of trfid cards, delivery schedules etc.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,077 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Today post arrives including a letter posted by a spectos participant. Very obviously so as the wrap around band was still on the envelope. The post mark goes across the wrap around and the envelope!

If I report this to Spectos I risk being chucked off the panel, so I guess I keep quiet. The wrap around has the sender's surname on it - something I hadn't noticed before. 
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • rpstdavids
    Options
    Just received the following enail from spectos, stamps arriving this month apparently:

Dear Mr. XXXXX

A few weeks or days ago, you decided to continue participating with us in the survey. We are very happy with this decision and we want to take the opportunity to thank you for this. 

Since then, you should have received a welcome letter, and you might even have started receiving some test-items to send. Today we would like to take the opportunity to present a little bit more in depth, explain to you where we are standing and give you a sneak preview of what will be happening soon!

About Spectos
    You have been working with Kantar for some time, maybe many years. In the same way, we have been working with several postal operators for many years, it's in our roots. We have been working with operators like BPost in Belgium and Swiss Post in Switzerland. Now, in all these projects, we know that nothing would be possible without you as a panellist. This is why we aim to make your life as easy as possible. 

If you would like to know more about Spectos, feel free to visit our page or follow us on Linkedin or Facebook. 

While our headquarters are in Dresden, Germany, our UK offices are located in Coleshill, close to Birmingham. Do feel free to let us know if you would like to pay us a visit, we will welcome you very warmly. 

From Kantar to Mailagents
    You registered as a previous panellist of Kantar and new Mailagent, you were supposed to start your rest period. However, we thought you would enjoy getting on board early and we started sending you some test-items. Now, not everybody is happy with this, so we would like you to decide. Do you want to participate during the setup phase or would you prefer to continue enjoying your rest? Do let us know by using the time off feature by simply adding the period you want to stay off in our app.  

Of course, for those who have participated and those continuing to participate, you will continue collecting your points, and also receive your monthly stamps for October. Starting in November, all active participants will receive their monthly stamps. 

The next steps
    At the moment, we are still in the setup phase. We are doing our best to ensure that everything works smoothly, though there may be some hiccups. Please bear with us, and if something is really problematic, you can get in touch with us anytime. We will continue adding features to our solutions, so stay tuned for updates. 

Later today, you will receive an additional newsletter that will inform you about what is coming up, and we will continue keeping you updated with how things progress. 

From January to March, we will run a parallel phase with Kantar. This means that both companies will measure, and Royal Mail will make sure that we are on par with what has been done before. 

Then, from March 27th, it’s going to be operational. 

During this phase, and also afterward, as an experienced panellist, we would encourage you to give us any feedback, comments or suggestions you may have. 

Do you need further information?
    We will be happy to answer your questions, you can contact us by email to support@mailagents.uk. You will also find the most frequently asked questions here!

We greatly appreciate your participation in our Mailagents panel and look forward to working with you. 

Kind regards

Your Mailagents team

Mailagents is a service from Spectos, supported by YouGov on behalf of Royal Mail. Spectos UK Ltd · Chantry House · High Street · Coleshill · Birmingham B46 3BP · United Kingdom · E-Mail support@mailagents.uk · Web www.mailagents.uk Royal Mail, the Royal Mail cruciform, Parcelforce Worldwide and the Parcelforce Worldwide logo are registered trademarks of Royal Mail Group Limited or its related companies in the United Kingdom and other countries.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback