Comments

• XDA
    XDA Posts: 396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 October 2022 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Misslayed said:
    It's weeks since I emailed. I predict chaos 🤯
    I emailed them over a month ago and I’m still waiting for a response. 

But it’s been that long so there’s no point in them replying now as I’ve sorted the issue myself!
    “Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be thrown out of the nearest window!”
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    XDA said:
    XDA said:
    NBLondon said:
    NBLondon said:
    Nothing form Spectos this week - so I've thrown them an email asking politely when to expect the incentive stamps.  Reply will be copied here when I get one.

Saetana said:
    Poppy21 said:
    I’ve received my second one to post. But yet to get any information about stamps - has anyone else got any news on this?

Nope not heard a thing about the stamps yet...
    I wonder if we’ll get any stamps at this stage? Perhaps they are just testing their software and by signing up early, we’ve effectively become Guinea pigs?
    You were right....

My e-mail from Spectos says:

Thank you so much for your email. As of now the company is still in the test cycle. We are setting off the actual cycles very soon and you will begin to receive your incentive stamps post that.
    Hopefully we aren’t going to be expected to keep receiving/posting items for another 5-6 months until it goes live for no reward?

the app is incomplete, i had a few qr codes that were marked invalid and i had to enter the code in manually. the app is annoying to use as it asks so many question when dispatching items. you think yiu marked everything but then you scroll down and there's 2 more questions. it's not intuitive and the lack of gps, no reminders to inform you of upcoming parcels etc no support contacts either. it's a joke. they rushed it out after winning tbhe contract from royal mail and pushed out an unfinished app.
    Yes the app is very basic. It would be nice to have an option to contact Spectos through it rather than having to email them.

I’ve also been caught out by the 2 other options at the bottom when posting - It would definitely help having everything fit on the screen.

I hope the app is vastly improved before they go live.

i bet you love the option where you have to answer "have you posted this into the letterbox?" from the dropdown list, which only appears afer you answer the earlier question. so annoying.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    i bet you love the option where you have to answer "have you posted this into the letterbox?" from the dropdown list, which only appears afer you answer the earlier question. so annoying.
    That caught me out this morning - didn't scroll down to see it.   Agree - pointless question - if I haven't posted it, why would I be scanning and reporting?

Again  - the QRcode on the banderole (odd word!) didn't scan so I typed it in..  The app actually says to scan the one on the posting plan; but that's a different code (A and 4 digits not B and 5 digits).

Given that Spectos are supposed to have been running similar projects in Europe for years - I'm surprised at how much they need to test?  Wouldn't they just translate the guidance and app and off they go?  
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    NBLondon said:
    That caught me out this morning - didn't scroll down to see it.   Agree - pointless question - if I haven't posted it, why would I be scanning and reporting?

Again  - the QRcode on the banderole (odd word!) didn't scan so I typed it in..  The app actually says to scan the one on the posting plan; but that's a different code (A and 4 digits not B and 5 digits).

Given that Spectos are supposed to have been running similar projects in Europe for years - I'm surprised at how much they need to test?  Wouldn't they just translate the guidance and app and off they go?  
    YouGov are also involved somehow though, who don’t seem to have prior experience n this area. It did make me wonder if Spectos just provide the technology but YouGov actually run it.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 29 October 2022 at 11:54AM
    Options
    I expect Yougov have yet to make an impact. They have many members who they could enrol as panelists. Also they have experience of running surveys.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    I expect Yougov have yet to make an impact. They have many members who they could enrol as panelists. Also they have experience of running surveys.
    They have experience of surveys, but as far as I’m aware, none of those require physical logistics (I think they are all online?) Anyway, I don’t think we should use what is happening now to judge what it will be like when it properly goes live.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • XDA
    XDA Posts: 396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    XDA said:
    XDA said:
    NBLondon said:
    NBLondon said:
    Nothing form Spectos this week - so I've thrown them an email asking politely when to expect the incentive stamps.  Reply will be copied here when I get one.

Saetana said:
    Poppy21 said:
    I’ve received my second one to post. But yet to get any information about stamps - has anyone else got any news on this?

Nope not heard a thing about the stamps yet...
    I wonder if we’ll get any stamps at this stage? Perhaps they are just testing their software and by signing up early, we’ve effectively become Guinea pigs?
    You were right....

My e-mail from Spectos says:

Thank you so much for your email. As of now the company is still in the test cycle. We are setting off the actual cycles very soon and you will begin to receive your incentive stamps post that.
    Hopefully we aren’t going to be expected to keep receiving/posting items for another 5-6 months until it goes live for no reward?

the app is incomplete, i had a few qr codes that were marked invalid and i had to enter the code in manually. the app is annoying to use as it asks so many question when dispatching items. you think yiu marked everything but then you scroll down and there's 2 more questions. it's not intuitive and the lack of gps, no reminders to inform you of upcoming parcels etc no support contacts either. it's a joke. they rushed it out after winning tbhe contract from royal mail and pushed out an unfinished app.
    Yes the app is very basic. It would be nice to have an option to contact Spectos through it rather than having to email them.

I’ve also been caught out by the 2 other options at the bottom when posting - It would definitely help having everything fit on the screen.

I hope the app is vastly improved before they go live.

:D:D:D

Yes!
    “Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be thrown out of the nearest window!”
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think they will have us in the trial for next few months until it goes live.

this is really taking the mick. after doing the trial for 5 weeks now, I have some 700 points (including the 300 bonus points for joining and doing the questionairre). i am guessing 1 point would equate to a penny in rewards. So £4 for a 5 weeks of posting and reporting.

I'm tending to send in my holiday dates until January 2023.
  • Poppy21
    Poppy21 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’m 700 points too but it’s not like I’m receiving loads of mail previously and they’re easier to log. I’m generally getting one of each receiving and posting in a week. They’re probably up their game once the trials over!
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think they will have us in the trial for next few months until it goes live.

this is really taking the mick. after doing the trial for 5 weeks now, I have some 700 points (including the 300 bonus points for joining and doing the questionairre). i am guessing 1 point would equate to a penny in rewards. So £4 for a 5 weeks of posting and reporting.

I'm tending to send in my holiday dates until January 2023.
    If the trial continues with no stamps - they are doubly taking the {whatever}

Yes it is less effort than Kantar - but that's not a reason to "forget" the incentives and not actually communicate whether it's a trial or live. 
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback