🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Spectos/Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,047 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 May at 12:15AM
    Options
    westiea said:
    I’ve just had a notification that no points are to be given for my last unaddressed mail survey even though I completed it daily. I didn’t receive some of the items and am now wondering if that was the problem. I’ve opened a ticket. Anyone else had problems?
    Yes. Every time I do one. It’s far more likely to be their system than it is you making a mistake. 
    They decline to pay me. I question it. They tell me it’s my fault, I ask them to tell me exactly what I missed. They pay up. It’s a bit of a saga. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,733 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Every single time. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • westiea
    westiea Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes I’m sure I did. I’ve done a few with Spectos now and this is the first time I’ve had a problem🤷‍♀️. I’ll see what they come back with.
    Greyer by the minute - Older by the hour - Wiser by the day
  • HomingPigeon
    HomingPigeon Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    I received a test item today - a DVD box. There were TWO DVDs in the box, instead of one, and it won't pass through the large letter slot (the second DVD has turned it from a large letter to a small parcel).

The paperwork shows it as a DVD 1st class.

There are 5 x 1st class stamps on it (£6.75). It should have £4.59 on it as a 1st class small parcel. If the sender sees it as a large letter (it isn't) it should have £2.90 on it.

Please can anyone advise how I should record it? TIA. x

• The_Piggy_Bank
    Options
    I received a test item today - a DVD box. There were TWO DVDs in the box, instead of one, and it won't pass through the large letter slot (the second DVD has turned it from a large letter to a small parcel).

The paperwork shows it as a DVD 1st class.

There are 5 x 1st class stamps on it (£6.75). It should have £4.59 on it as a 1st class small parcel. If the sender sees it as a large letter (it isn't) it should have £2.90 on it.

Please can anyone advise how I should record it? TIA. x

I had quite a few like this with 2 DVDs stacked one on top of the other, sometimes in a Jiffy bag, other times in a slim cardboard DVD envelope but, as you say, clearly too big for a large letter.

I have been resting since Feb/March but if I remember correctly, if the test item was supposed to be stamped they should just ask for the type (is DVD box an option on the dropdown now? If not then choose small parcel) and the class, so it would be 1st class or 1st class small parcel if they specify the different sizes there.

The thing I do remember clearly was receiving a number of items that were meant to be franked by businesses but arrived with stamps on - in the past Spectos said to record the postage value as 'I don't know' or 'Other' (scroll down for this). They have improved this part so you now only need to take a photo of the package with the stamps on it (instead of having to write an explanation). Found it! - it was on the Spectos Mailagents newsletter dated 1st December 2022 under the heading 'Quick tips' (I don't know that these actually reached everyone though depending on sign up stage/resting/active).

I hope this helps! x
  • HomingPigeon
    HomingPigeon Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks very much, much appreciated. x
  • mr662
    mr662 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anyone still waiting to rejoin the panel after the rest period. I was put onto my 6 months off at the end of July 2023. Then at the end of January 2024 account was put back onto the ready stage of rejoining live panel. Since then nothing. In 2 months it will be a year off. How over subscribed must they be for my area? I suspect it's just poor admin at Spectos.
  • PurplePeony
    PurplePeony Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mr662 said:
    Is anyone still waiting to rejoin the panel after the rest period. I was put onto my 6 months off at the end of July 2023. Then at the end of January 2024 account was put back onto the ready stage of rejoining live panel. Since then nothing. In 2 months it will be a year off. How over subscribed must they be for my area? I suspect it's just poor admin at Spectos.
    There seems to be quite a few of us that have been waiting awhile.  I was rested mid July, got an email mid January to say I was being moved onto ready stage, but I did receive an email from Spectos yesterday letting me know I hadn’t been forgotten, and they would contact me as soon as a space becomes available.
  • Graceglow
    Graceglow Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mr662 said:
    There seems to be quite a few of us that have been waiting awhile.  I was rested mid July, got an email mid January to say I was being moved onto ready stage, but I did receive an email from Spectos yesterday letting me know I hadn’t been forgotten, and they would contact me as soon as a space becomes available.
    Yes, I’m one of those still waiting! Was rested mid June & moved to the ready stage mid December. Also, got the email yesterday to say I hadn’t been forgotten about. Did you receive 2 emails yesterday the first one was sent in error as it had Space Available in the subject line but exactly the same content as the one which came later with an apology! 
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Graceglow said:
    mr662 said:
    Yes, I’m one of those still waiting! Was rested mid June & moved to the ready stage mid December. Also, got the email yesterday to say I hadn’t been forgotten about. Did you receive 2 emails yesterday the first one was sent in error as it had Space Available in the subject line but exactly the same content as the one which came later with an apology! 
    Exactly that. Two emails yesterday. One saying space available and a second one saying 'sorry'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure