IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking stories in the News/media

Options

Comments

• patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 29 April at 1:35PM
    Options
    I know that a large percentage of people are in this group because they failed to read something (signage), but why not change the habit and reserve judgment until you have read it (I’ve not seen it BTW).

The reason why everyone is jumping up and down as this is an utterly disingenuous act it smacks of desperation and deliberate motivation to draw attention away from the DLUHC 
    Desperation is now the least of their problems
    You could see this an act of piracy
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Bookends said:
    The OPS Llangrannog debacle could hopefully bite them on the !!!!!! here!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Also failing to read all the photos re double dip.
  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 30 April at 8:05PM
    Options
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/04/26/private-car-parks-refuse-to-cap-fines-new-code-of-conduct/

Not much new in this article apart from reporting the ATAs new code will not include caps on parking penalties or controls on debt collectors.

I won't take Whatever2023 advice and reserve judgment till I've read the code. I think that's unfair and will only benefit the private parking industry. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback