IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New Questions on the N180 Form

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,306 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    What don't you understand about it?  It seems a straightforward question about vulnerability/disability; for example are you (or any witness who will be accompanying you) a wheelchair user such that you cannot access anything not on the ground floor or level?
  • nero33
    nero33 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 October 2022 at 3:57AM
    Good to have a thread about it.

Obviously NO to a hearing on the papers.  What to say about this (your reason for saying NO) is fully explained in the Telephone Hearings thread.

However, some areas win't have a choice.

Thanks to @Johnersh for this:

The list in one of the replies mentions the County court in my city is part of this pilot scheme, so I'd be more than willing to head to my neighbouring city's County court which is only about 10 miles away - and a city where I work.

Would there be any reason for them preventing me from selecting this alternative option when the time comes for me to complete/submit the N180 form?

Thanks as ever
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,762 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    No in the box where you select the court just "work in xx 5 days a week"
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2022 at 12:24PM
    Yep, put it down that it's closest to your work.

But never choose Portsmouth (bad court) over Southampton (great court)!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bs1998
    bs1998 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi all, does there appear to be any 'good' or 'bad' courts in the Birmingham area, as I have to make a choice.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Can you stretch to Warwick and say as your reason, that it's most convenient due to your work (they won't check)?

Warwick has good Judges.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Grizebeck
    Can you stretch to Warwick and say as your reason, that it's most convenient due to your work (they won't check)?

Warwick has good Judges.
    Coventry is on the same circuit to
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Slainte1
    Slainte1 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Grizebeck said:

Warwick has good Judges.
    Any advice on whether York or Scarborough is preferable, I'm mid way but tending to Scarborough as the parking company is based in York and thought I would inconvenience them. Also its a nightmare to park in York !!!
  • Grizebeck
    Slainte1 said:
    Grizebeck said:

Warwick has good Judges.
    Any advice on whether York or Scarborough is preferable, I'm mid way but tending to Scarborough as the parking company is based in York and thought I would inconvenience them. Also its a nightmare to park in York !!!
    No difference which court
    Irrelevant as represented by a third party
    Scarborough so much easier for parking
  • Mainax
    Mainax Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I have received my N180 today. I am flying to move abroad and stay for a few years today. Is there any advice for my situation?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback