We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Debt and Caring

1…260261262264266

Comments

  • peb
    peb Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    And breath.

  • Hit the nail on the head there peb

  • Congratulations 🥂

  • well done on making the decision and following through

    June 2026, Mortgage free, Emergency fund fully funded & £200/200 cash maximum pb holding .:jWeight 12st challenge 11st 2lb

    Gift to children challenge £40k in 2 years. Short term gift challenge 7 presents and $1300 can by September.

    Determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection. I’m not perfect but I’m good enough.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6673398/hopefully-cruising-with-focus-towards-retirement#latest
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 15,687 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Well done for the decision. Hope you are feeling better from the cold?

    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

    Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
    2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Thanks Peb, PiP, INOD and Cherry. So far no second thoughts other than the sort that come when you think you're wrong all the time. I have mentioned it on here and to my mom so it's official. The mental countdown has begun.

    I'm ridiculously tired today, I think my schedule for this week was maybe a tad ambitious. I didn't take into account the changes at work so I'm more tired than usual. And I haven't gone food shopping either which means my meals have been all over the place. Might try and take a nap for the rest of the baby's nap.

  • A nap was had. Well, a lie down with no activity anyway.

    Still unpicking my decisions as usual. I was on a job in a dodgy area last week, looking at all the unkempt grass and rubbish gardens. I was charitable in my thoughts, not judgemental. I thought these people must lack time or money or energy... And then I realised I was one of those people. The weeds in my garden are sky high and there is a mattress on the lawn.

    Somehow seemed more affirming of my decision to leave than anything else.

  • if you can’t arrange disposal of the mattress, cut it up and bin the pieces. It may take a while but it’ll go

    June 2026, Mortgage free, Emergency fund fully funded & £200/200 cash maximum pb holding .:jWeight 12st challenge 11st 2lb

    Gift to children challenge £40k in 2 years. Short term gift challenge 7 presents and $1300 can by September.

    Determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection. I’m not perfect but I’m good enough.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6673398/hopefully-cruising-with-focus-towards-retirement#latest
  • Yeah that's the plan. Just got to get the metal cutting multi tool out as for some bizarre reason it is entirely surrounded by metal bars on both sides. Thin ones but still. These are jobs that are on the list for when I finish as at the moment I am working quite a lot.

    Speaking of, four extra shifts this week was probably too much. I have yet to do my diary for next week but I think I'll only do two just to prevent any rage attacks.

    I do have a day off tomorrow which will probably be spent in bed.

  • Out of bed at the unheard of hour of 9am. 9! Can't remember the last time I stayed in bed that late. Admittedly it did panic me a little thinking I wasn't going to get everything done. Even though I have got nothing scheduled for today. And my Google calendar agenda email says exactly that so it must be true.

    I do have things to do but I might... Just...not...do...them…

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.