We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Debt and Caring

1…258259261263264…266

Comments

  • WelshmansDaughter
    WelshmansDaughter Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    I'm not sure what life's rich tapestry is made of PiP, linen and wool are probably too wholesome 🤣

    Day shift completed, far too quiet for me but that is Sunday apparently. That is one thing ticked off the list. I have the dentist tomorrow then an asbestos surveyor coming on Wednesday morning. I'll see what the results of that are before I make any decisions on work.

  • WelshmansDaughter
    WelshmansDaughter Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    First day of the school run. Nice low-pressure day as I'm off and don't have to think about getting to and from work.

    Sister took smallest nephew to a and e this morning. He has fractured his foot poor wee man.

    Am mostly sitting in a chair with warm sunshine on my legs, contemplating flat purchases.

  • WelshmansDaughter
    WelshmansDaughter Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    Eldest nephew has decided he wants an eel. It is anybody's guess as to where this has come from. I asked him would he like to eat one and he said yes. This is the child who won't eat spaghetti Bolognese. He is unsurprisingly not getting an eel (£46!) but I'll see if the shop has them for him to see. The nearest aquarium is an hour and forty minutes away.

    I have been annoyed about a situation that it is pointless being annoyed about. Sister act has convinced herself that we have had conversations about me doing the school run on Thursday. We have not. I'm happy to do it, it just wasn't discussed.

    Baby nephew has let the fractured foot bother him for approximately a day before figuring out he could walk if he limps.

    Dentist tomorrow, painful but quite glad to get rid of the tooth. It will leave a big gap but needs must.

  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,402 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Hope the dentist goes quickly and as painlessly as possible.

    Sister act has form for this sort of thing so try to replace annoyance with lofty zen-ness, as we all know you're right. Maybe suggest to her that whenever you discuss childcare agreements you both confirm it by text/wossapp straight away, so there's a record of her being wrong and you can be annoyingly forgiving 😁

    Looking forward to hearing about the eel

  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 15,687 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I hope the dentist is as straightforward as possible. This time tomorrow it will be history.

    Let us know about the eel if ever you find out more.

    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

    Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
    2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • It turned out to be a busy day at work so by the time I got to the dentist I was too knackered to over react 🤣 Wore headphones and actually noticed when I was tensing up which definitely helped.

    Just came straight home and lay in bed with YouTube. Accepted I wasn't doing or thinking anything else today.

  • WelshmansDaughter
    WelshmansDaughter Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 2 September at 7:53AM

    Rather sensible me took over yesterday. I used to have a problem taking painkillers but I seem to have learned that now.

    I've work today then I think I will just come home and rest. I've got a Georgette Heyer to read on kindle (not the same but I think I got rid of the paperbacks or they were in Ireland).

    Asbestos surveyor comes this morning (hopefully) which I thought would be the end of things taking up my brain space. But they were just the out of the ordinary things.

    ETA mild excitement at work yesterday as a vote was cast on the new working pattern. Muggins here was coopted to count the votes along with another person who would not be considered suspicious ,🤣

  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 15,687 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I hope the asbestos survey doesn't uncover anything too dramatic. LOL but well done to you for not being considered suspicious, it's a compliment and also shows you've been there longer than some.

    Enjoy the Georgette Heyer!

    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

    Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
    2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • The surveyor said it is unlikely that any of it contains asbestos but I got samples tested to be on the safe side. I have no idea why there are so many different wall surfaces in my flat. And not a one covers the entire wall.

    I think it was less that I am trustworthy and more that other people would be 'questioned'. There was a bit of controversy over the election- people were campaigning.

    I forgot to mention the dentist cost £96. Paid for in full.

  • Strangely proud of myself- I got off the bus thinking the connection hasn't gone but it had so I got back on the bus as I didn't fancy waiting for 20 minutes in that particular area. Still dark at this time, Id rather be at the stop on main street.

    Have all three boys until the school run then two small boys, one with a fractured foot. So today should be interesting.

    Will I succumb to the temptation of Starbucks while waiting for the bus?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.