We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Debt and Caring
Comments
-
Some money related pondering now. I've not bothered changing my main bank account for years and now it's changing over to a different bank so I'm not bothered keeping it. I've had a look and annoyingly I don't qualify for any switch bonuses going. So now I'm thinking maybe just a bank account that lets me do something I need? Top contender is m0nzo as it has fee free spending abroad which would be handy in Ireland.
2 -
This morning's breakfast has taken a weird turn- I had two slices of toast, a nectarine and a baked potato with cheese. The cup of tea sadly failed to do its job of waking me up so I have been forced into making another. A full schedule this week combined with a cold has not been conducive to sleep. Or better eating habits. Or thinking. I set AI the task of modelling five scenarios for leaving a job last night and it was interesting. Of the five my attention was most caught by the one that talked about leaving for well-being and not working in a toxic environment.
I have Sunday off and so I hope to sleep well and have a lie in after working tonight until 9.30. Taking my bike now has worked well so far except for the hiccup on the way to work yesterday morning. The battery wasn't kicking in and I ended up having to cycle a very loaded trike up a hill. Eventually got it to work again and was only 15 minutes late to work. And the ginormous chain may also have fallen out on the road at one point but it now lives in a box so its fine.
Today will likely be busy, the office has to be cleared ahead of the system changes on Monday. My cold has not helped by yesterday's colleague smoking like a chimney every time there was a van stop.
2 -
Still coughing. And I'm not sure where the phlegm is coming from but I'll be fifteen pounds lighter when this cold is through.
Sunday's day off was frustrating but beneficial. The things I wanted to do were all attempted and I did not beat myself up (much) for only being able to do small bits. The apple tree proved to be a tad too high for my step ladder( sometimes I miss my hoarder days, I used to have three ladders of varying height). This task has also added to my task list as now I need to clear away the rotten apples from under the tree.
Genuinely was a struggle to be outside on Sunday. I have noticed that a lot more recently and would like the balance to be better.
0 -
Small bits are the essential steps (with ladder or not) forward, well done.
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty0 -
Woke from a dream to what I thought was thunder. However I didn't hear any more so it may just have been my neighbour dragging in a bin. Prosaic 5am wake up call rather than being summoned to waking by the gods.
This morning's breakfast has taken another motley turn, one slice of toast (the heel), two protein pancakes and a nectarine. I don't know what this colour palette would be called. Perhaps Hyacinth Bucket dreams of being a Showgirl? Latte from Hell? Answers on a postcard please.
My cough seems to have broken which is fortunate as I am about to start the the schedule of minor difficulty. Today job 1 will be 7 hours followed by an hour break and then job 2 for 4. Wednesday will be Job 1 for 6 hours with a two hour break followed by job 2 for 4 hours. Thursday will be childcare as usual followed by the same schedule as Wednesday for Friday and Saturday.
I need to do some more money moving around- I see no point in keeping my H4lifax account now that it is changing. It is so strange how long these take me do now. I used to fly through these types of things but now it is like dragging through a swamp.
2 -
Is there any disadvantage in keeping it, in case an eligible switch comes up in future?
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty0 -
It is changing to ll0yds anyway in October and I can't really see the point of changing to them.
0 -
Maybe I've misunderstood but is there any disadvantage in letting that happen, so you have an account that can be switched to another bank when another bank is offering money for switching that you're eligible for?
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty0 -
It has to be switched over to a new app and various things changed so it is probably not worth doing on the off chance of money somewhere down the line. I'd rather change to an account that gives me something that works for me like fee free spending abroad or organisation into pots. Haven't quite decided yet. I already have a FD account so I may just make that my main account.
1 -
And we are done. Notice has been handed in, I finish at RM on the 14th October.
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
