PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2022 - 2nd Quarter

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done Sunfl0w3r 👏 I hope you're feeling better now  :)

have a good holiday Jenny and enjoy the gin 😁 i put off having my gall bladder out for years (I ignored it) however I did have the op after I had lost 4 stone thanks to cheap health insurance with my job (I knew redundancy was coming) and then put the weight back on, which wasn't the plan but I found I could eat chocolate, cheese, crisps and cream again :s after the op
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 April 2022 at 3:13PM
    Options
    @Brambling Could I join in please? It's my first time. I'll start after the Easter weekend. 
    I'd like to set 14lb as my target for the quarter. 

• Brambling
    Options
    Welcome Bluegreen and allmannerofthings 👋👋 new losers always welcomed.  I have added you both with a 14lb target let me know if that's not correct and good luck 
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome @Bluegreenand @allmannerofthings 

@jennystarpepper
    I'd rather hear that you'd been as rude or worse to the consultant than s/he was to you.  They need to learn manners!!!

@Brambling
    You will be pleased to hear there's been an Easter miracle and my scales have been revived.  They still scream when I step on them but at least they aren't screaming too loudly.  STS for me.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • jennystarpepper
    Options
    @Brie Thank you, I thought it was me getting old and crabby but no just plain old bad manners on their part. 

It appears to be male's of a certain age bracket who are the worst, I should have just said 'well that's X BMI off each of my big t!t's then'  :D  Might be making a doll from wax and sticking a few pins in it! 
    MFW -  01 10 21. £63761 01.10.22 £50962 01.10.23 £39979

• Brambling
    Options

It appears to be male's of a certain age bracket who are the worst, I should have just said 'well that's X BMI off each of my big t!t's then'  :D  Might be making a doll from wax and sticking a few pins in it! 
    I've always found the woman worst than the men especially the asthma nurse who is a ways disappointed I have a good peak flow, she once begrudgingly told me it was good for a woman my age without asthma who wasn't overweight 🙄 she was really disappointed  :/  not helped by my low blood pressure 🙂

I forgot to to say earlier 1lb loss for me so I'm on the chart 🙂

• jennystarpepper
    Options
    Well done on the loss @Brambling

I sometimes think why do these people want to work with people when they have such a bad attitude, but then they would be the same what ever job they did.  

As for the BMI malarkey, it is 8 more than they want... single figures, the fat police have always had me in the 'doubles'.
    MFW -  01 10 21. £63761 01.10.22 £50962 01.10.23 £39979

• Angelica123
    Angelica123 Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So I unfortunately, gained a kilo. Wasn't completely surprised. Was ill so stopped exercising and self soothed with food. Even though I am now better, my habits have fallen apart. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback