Chase 1.5% Easy Access

Options

Comments

• refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thumbs_Up said:

App saying device not compatible even though I have android 11. Well done to those who have signed up this morning. It has been highlighted in the Daily Wail, so this morning the Chase bank sever is going in meltdown I suspect.

I wonder why that is ? I just installed the Chase app on my phone which is running Android 10. Had a few issues with the application process but I suspect that is more to do with the current volume of new customers signing up, rather than due to any app/phone compatibility problems.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 28 March 2022 at 1:06PM
    Options
    RBS doesn't recognise Chase sort codes and says its a scam, I had to bypass with biometrics. 
  • BarGin
    BarGin Posts: 951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can someone please explain how you move money from your Chase Current Account to the new Savings Account using the app?
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Account opened fine via the App, Savings account subsequently opened. Test £1 reached the account instantly, currently in the process of transferring further funds.

All good so far, but I imagine they're experiencing very high volumes at the moment!
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • mlc2009
    mlc2009 Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    can anyone who is more intelligent than me on these matters help me

how quickly do other banks usually release competing products? 

is there any chance any of the big banks, HSBC, Barclays also release competing rates? They have been abysmal for ages

• refluxer
    Options
    BarGin said:
    Can someone please explain how you move money from your Chase Current Account to the new Savings Account using the app?
    There is an option to move money between accounts when you click the 'Payments' section at the bottom of the app - looks very straight-forward.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    edited 28 March 2022 at 1:30PM
    Options
    mlc2009 said:
    can anyone who is more intelligent than me on these matters help me

how quickly do other banks usually release competing products? 

is there any chance any of the big banks, HSBC, Barclays also release competing rates? They have been abysmal for ages

Absolutely no chance there will be even a remotely competing product from the major banks. You may see some changes from some of the challenger banks but it may take a while to reach 1.5%. There is also talk that the BoE will raise interest rates again before the end of the year. 
  • mlc2009
    mlc2009 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    djpailo said:

Absolutely no chance there will be even a remotely competing product from the major banks. You may see some changes from some of the challenger banks but it may take a while to reach 1.5%. There is also talk that the BoE will raise interest rates again before the end of the year. 
    is there any reason why the major banks don't compete, is it due to QE and they essentially get free money so don't need publics?

I remember having a 3 percent account with northern rock in 2010, the highest rates I remember
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 March 2022 at 1:36PM
    Options
    mlc2009 said:
    djpailo said:

is there any reason why the major banks don't compete, is it due to QE and they essentially get free money so don't need publics?

I remember having a 3 percent account with northern rock in 2010, the highest rates I remember
    They sometimes offer competitive products that require a certain current account to qualify. For example, the HSBC group regular savers. They generally won't pay as much to acquire new customers compared with a new entrant that needs to aggressively build market share and has investor cash earmarked for that purpose.
  • refluxer
    edited 28 March 2022 at 1:38PM
    Options
    mlc2009 said:
    djpailo said:

Inertia probably plays a big part in choosing whether they need to be competitive or not - I expect that they have huge amounts saved in their accounts earning 0.01% from people are aren't as savvy as those here.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback