🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Estranged wife

Options

Comments

• Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Android07 said:
    Android07 said:
    Pollycat said:
    Android07 said:
    Ooooone more question - Should I take legal action against the family friend or my wife for making up false allegations?
    Sure - if you can afford it after paying for the divorce, regular child maintenance and you may "have to give away half of" your "bank balance."

I can't believe how unfair this is. Wife makes false allegations , gets me arrested and then runs away with my child. Meanwhile, all I can do is go for a divorce and give away half my bank balance and then pay more for child maintenance.

Men have no rights anymore. We are a laughing bunch. No wonder people don't get married anymore or have kids!

So you get married which is a legal process where you both agree to share all your assets and then you complain about your wift getting her half when you divorce. Why would you get married if you didn't want to share all your assets equally?

Also why should you not have to pay to support your own child when she is looking after them?

Why should I suffer because my wife suddenly felt like leaving. She did not even have a chat about her plans or concerns. She literally went to see the Doctor and then disappeared. I made a life-term commitment to her, she it seems did not.
    But you have a child. 

It's not just about you and her any more. 

You have been offered routes towards child contact. 

What is it that you want here?
  • Lavendyr
    Options
    Silence speaks volumes. 
  • Android07
    Android07 Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You sound unbelievably unpleasant. I would prepare to lose a lot of money very quickly. Also incel threads on reddit may be more to your taste if you want to spout off with other misogynists about men's rights being eradicated.

!!!!!!? Where did that come from?
  • Lavendyr
    Options
    Android07 said:
    You sound unbelievably unpleasant. I would prepare to lose a lot of money very quickly. Also incel threads on reddit may be more to your taste if you want to spout off with other misogynists about men's rights being eradicated.

Nice to see you back @Android07 - any update on your situation?
  • Android07
    Android07 Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Lavendyr said:
    Android07 said:

Nothing. No contact from wife in a year now. Hasn't shown child either!
    She has changed numbers and does not reply to my emails.
  • T.T.D
    T.T.D Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hasn’t shown child? 

• diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Out of interest, how much does a permanent right to remain in the UK cost? This is not including solicitors/air fare fees, cab fees to the passport office etc.

Example.  Some uk citizen marry a person from  Pakistan/China/etc/etc.

Am I wrong to state it takes five years, Englis written and oral tests, other tests ,medical tests - what is the total cost as a mate said it cost him close to 15k I'm not sure if he was pulling my leg or not. He also said you can't be on benefits and have to prove via spouse sponsorship visa you are able to house and fully support your OH.

Thanks

PS: Sorry OP but I noted your wife is from overseas so I thought I'd ask for someone.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Out of interest, how much does a permanent right to remain in the UK cost? This is not including solicitors/air fare fees, cab fees to the passport office etc.

Example.  Some uk citizen marry a person from  Pakistan/China/etc/etc.

Am I wrong to state it takes five years, Englis written and oral tests, other tests ,medical tests - what is the total cost as a mate said it cost him close to 15k I'm not sure if he was pulling my leg or not. He also said you can't be on benefits and have to prove via spouse sponsorship visa you are able to house and fully support your OH.

PS: Sorry OP but I noted your wife is from overseas so I thought I'd ask for someone.
    It cost my family member over £10k and they did all the work themselves - another couple I know employed an expert and it was closer the £15k.
  • Lavendyr
    Options
    Android07 said:
    Lavendyr said:
    Android07 said:

Nothing. No contact from wife in a year now. Hasn't shown child either!
    She has changed numbers and does not reply to my emails.
    A year? You started this thread six months ago.

Have you done any of the things suggested? 

Quoting from your original post: 

"-I should apply for a child contact order to see my little one. But, this is bloody expensive and I am not financially stable now! A family friend's son ended up spending 2 years in court and £30k in solicitor & court fees before being able to see his child.
    -The next things is child maintenance. My wife has not come after me (yet) to claim this. I understand that if I earn £3k a month, it comes to about £300 according to govt website calculators.
    - And the very last thing is divorce. That is also bloody expensive. Googling suggests it takes a few months but costs £10-15k in solicitor fees and I also have to give away half of my bank balance."

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure