Comments

• Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Android07 said:
    Pollycat said:
    Android07 said:
    Ooooone more question - Should I take legal action against the family friend or my wife for making up false allegations?
    Sure - if you can afford it after paying for the divorce, regular child maintenance and you may "have to give away half of" your "bank balance."

I can't believe how unfair this is. Wife makes false allegations , gets me arrested and then runs away with my child. Meanwhile, all I can do is go for a divorce and give away half my bank balance and then pay more for child maintenance.

Men have no rights anymore. We are a laughing bunch. No wonder people don't get married anymore or have kids!
     Either you are or are not guilty of the allegation against you. That is not and should not be the subject of this forum. For that, you need a solicitor. 

I just don't understand what you want from this. Do you actually want contact with your child? 

There is a child involved here. Please, please think about that. 
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Android07 said:
    Pollycat said:
    Android07 said:
    Ooooone more question - Should I take legal action against the family friend or my wife for making up false allegations?
    Sure - if you can afford it after paying for the divorce, regular child maintenance and you may "have to give away half of" your "bank balance."

I can't believe how unfair this is. Wife makes false allegations , gets me arrested and then runs away with my child. Meanwhile, all I can do is go for a divorce and give away half my bank balance and then pay more for child maintenance.

Men have no rights anymore. We are a laughing bunch. No wonder people don't get married anymore or have kids!
    I was pointing out that to consider paying for legal advice against your wife and/or her friend for allegedly making false accusations against you when you are "not financially stable now" may not be the most sensible idea when you almost certainly have other costs to pay out.

What do you think you will gain by taking legal action against your wife and/or her friend?

As Elsien has pointed out - it's not half your bank account.
    Didn't the solicitors you saw before posting on here make that clear to you?

• Android07
    Android07 Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Android07 said:
    Pollycat said:
    Android07 said:

So you get married which is a legal process where you both agree to share all your assets and then you complain about your wift getting her half when you divorce. Why would you get married if you didn't want to share all your assets equally?

Also why should you not have to pay to support your own child when she is looking after them?

Why should I suffer because my wife suddenly felt like leaving. She did not even have a chat about her plans or concerns. She literally went to see the Doctor and then disappeared. I made a life-term commitment to her, she it seems did not.
  • RogerBareford
    Options
    Android07 said:
    Android07 said:
    Pollycat said:
    Android07 said:

So you get married which is a legal process where you both agree to share all your assets and then you complain about your wift getting her half when you divorce. Why would you get married if you didn't want to share all your assets equally?

Also why should you not have to pay to support your own child when she is looking after them?

Why should I suffer because my wife suddenly felt like leaving. She did not even have a chat about her plans or concerns. She literally went to see the Doctor and then disappeared. I made a life-term commitment to her, she it seems did not.

In what way are you going to suffer?

So you would rather that your wife stayed with you when she obviously wanted to leave?
    It's much better for both of you for her to leave than just stay because she feels she has too.

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You were the one who pushed her to seeing the doctor.

You have had advice from solicitors so they should have given you the answers you need. Perhaps they did not give you the answers you wanted.

Details about getting a divorce are here

https://www.gov.uk/divorce
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport