Options

Comments

• Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Android07 said:
    Lavendyr said:
    I find it hard to believe this is the whole story. Not having a prior DV history doesn't mean you weren't controlling or coercive. I also get absolutely no sense that you looked after or cared for your wife in what sounds like a really difficult time for her. You say social services were involved. What's their view? Have they been in touch? 

If you can't work due to ill health, then claim benefits. You will need funds to sort your situation out, regardless of who is in the right or wrong. Refusing to take benefits so that you can see your own child seems completely irrational. If it were me I'd fight tooth and nail to see my child and would take any support on offer to enable me to do so. 

That is the whole story. Me and mum cared for both my wife and my little one  for six months. Social services got in touch with some bs from my wife ( e.g. I did not let her leave the house for more than 5 mins. ), they heard my replies and then closed the case.

I have never claimed benefits since I was a wee little one. My family does not claim benefits. We view benefits as for people who really need it and not for financially stable people.
    Yeah but you're not financially stable, from what you've said. And if you want to sort this out you need funds. It makes no sense for you to say on one hand that you know it will be expensive to resolve, and on the other that you can't work and refuse to claim benefits. What do you want us to say?
  • Android07
    Android07 Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    But earlier you said 'Finances are depleting' so that is hardly financially stable. If you are entitled to benefits then you need o claim them as your child needs supporting.

I think there is much more to this story than you are  telling. You have spoken about your wife in a very derogatory way and even in the thread about your father you say 'He will be dead in a few years, he,he'.  as if its a joke.

And, like I have mentioned in a previous post that I am only looking for responses to my questions based on what information I have provided. Anything else does not need exploration as far as I am concerned. I am also obfusctaed why some of you are trying to link my other house thread to this - they are two different topics and that is why I have two different threads rather than one.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Android07 said:
    But earlier you said 'Finances are depleting' so that is hardly financially stable. If you are entitled to benefits then you need o claim them as your child needs supporting.

I think there is much more to this story than you are  telling. You have spoken about your wife in a very derogatory way and even in the thread about your father you say 'He will be dead in a few years, he,he'.  as if its a joke.

And, like I have mentioned in a previous post that I am only looking for responses to my questions based on what information I have provided. Anything else does not need exploration as far as I am concerned. I am also obfusctaed why some of you are trying to link my other house thread to this - they are two different topics and that is why I have two different threads rather than one.
    Maybe because that thread gives posters a little more information about your wife and you.

• Android07
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice. I will take everything into consideration and make my decision.
  • Android07
    Options
    Ooooone more question - Should I take legal action against the family friend or my wife for making up false allegations?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,987 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Android07 said:
    Ooooone more question - Should I take legal action against the family friend or my wife for making up false allegations?

Seriously? 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Android07
    Options
    elsien said:
    Android07 said:

Seriously? 

False baseless allegations were made against me.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Android07 said:
    Sure - if you can afford it after paying for the divorce, regular child maintenance and you may "have to give away half of" your "bank balance."

• Android07
    Options
    Pollycat said:
    Android07 said:
    Sure - if you can afford it after paying for the divorce, regular child maintenance and you may "have to give away half of" your "bank balance."

I can't believe how unfair this is. Wife makes false allegations , gets me arrested and then runs away with my child. Meanwhile, all I can do is go for a divorce and give away half my bank balance and then pay more for child maintenance.

Men have no rights anymore. We are a laughing bunch. No wonder people don't get married anymore or have kids!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback