🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

From £6000 ----> £9000 in 2023.

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Wow that’s an expensive phone call 😳 Glad you got the job at least you will get a bit more for all your hard work. Good idea to make sure everything is included in your contract 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Yup. My friend offered to pay but this is on me. Silly silly me. 
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Grab the experience and see where it leads you.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    @MovingForwards this is a lovely way to put it. Such a good expression. 

Also - opened a LISA. Get me. Almost 39 (April)...;-)
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,991 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It's how I've got through a few jobs, knowing I'd walk into something better off the back of a crabby one.

Ooooooh, adulting, makes you feel more in control of the future.

Keep forgetting to say, watch the freebies board as some useful stuff occasionally pops up. I've had cat food, flower seeds, cooking produce and female products, all helps with saving a few pennies.
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 February 2022 at 5:40PM
    Options

Good day one and all. 

Nowt to report so much. Mumsy has visited and topped up my petrol for me (awwwwwwwww!) which saves me £40. She says petrol money is to go on coal that they used while visiting and I was at work. Fair do's.

She has also donated to my "need new shoes for work as I stand for 7.5 hours" fund (£50). Suggestions welcome. I will be shopping for deals but brand suggestions welcome - have Sketchers but may need something better. Or two pairs. Been living in these ones solid for 2 years. NICE!...

Tablets purchased. Totalling £43.87 (3 month supply) and £27.25 (1 month supply) . (Full Total- £71.35) Did my best with getting the best prices but still good brands. 

Not sure if I ever mentioned that I located where that £12.36 from last month was spent on - can't be bothered going back through my posts. Hair pins x 500 from Salon Services (£9.06) - which left me with £3.57 somewhere albeit I had a few pennies in my account at the end of the month.  

Want to get another 10 items on to Vinted. By next Friday. Lets see how that goes. 

Righto.. that's about it. Dinner with a friend on Saturday night - I don't want to go. Waste of petrol. How awful is that. 

• NinjaSavingKat
    Options

Keep forgetting to say, watch the freebies board as some useful stuff occasionally pops up. I've had cat food, flower seeds, cooking produce and female products, all helps with saving a few pennies.
    INTERESTING. Although I am in NI. Postage mightn't be worth it. 
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    The little NI detail changes a lot, but I only go after the things with free postage. Check whether you'd be excluded before bagging the freebie.

Couldn't suggest footwear as I tend to live in basketball ball / normal trainers and ballerina pumps, fake uggs in winter.

You've tracked the money down, which is good.

Lovely of your mom to do that.

Would it be cheaper to have your friend over and cook?
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Yes. Always cheaper to cook and im very good if I do say so myself. 

However, I don't want this person in my family home. 🤣
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Fair enough 😄
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure