From £6000 ----> £9000 in 2023.

Options

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,975 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Nominal interview on Tuesday. So fingers crossed. All extra funds will be diverted to the car account for the impending insurance renewal in March.

£100 now in the Long Term savings ISA...I intend to add more to catch up the £50 that was missed at the beginning of the year to keep on track - might transfer the £20 from Other account.
    Hello, best of luck with the promotion and well done on the £100 :)

I'm vegan too and I end up spending quite a bit on odd ingredients. Don't even get me started on how much tofu has gone up in the last few years...
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options

Interview went well. Very casual. One other person to interview apparently.. should find out soon. 

Vet has COVID. Teeth clean has been pushed to the 25th Feb..plenty of time to get some solid funds behind me. They say at her age it should just be a simple clean. Fingers crossed. 

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Any news on the job NSK ? Hope the teeth clean goes ahead ok once the vet recovers, at least it gives you time to save. 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 January 2022 at 11:49AM
    Options
    Well... they are interviewing a second person on Monday who I've been advised was so bad in her last position as a temp with the organisation they wont be employing her. However they are under obligation too. Until I get the contract in my hands I'm not counting my chickens. Anything could happen...

I have been informed my local vet has been taken over by a large corporation hence the extortionate fee that has been applied to a teeth clean. I feel disloyal not using them and I really like continuity (weirdo) but I feel I need to shop around. I shall make some calls this week and see what people say. 

Stuck to my food ffund goal this week and even managed my iron supplement purchase (£10.11) and a very cheap horrible foundation (£4) out of it as well, entertained a friend Friday/Saturday so she bought coal. Best gift ever. 

Visit to the beauticians cost me £27 also, this precious bundle can't tolerate shaving. Don't think about that too much! Haha! This will be siphoned off next weeks food bill. This was out of the Other account.

The beautician has me pencilled in for two Fridays in February for free facials as part of a trial on a new machine she has - we will see if this helps my scarring at all. We also discussed me continuing my specific treatments (micro needling) which she has already heavily discounted and might be part of my new job wages breakdown treat. 

Or not.

As much as I have wanted rid of scarring and have had micro needling done before so I know it works - I still can't justify paying for it yet so this will take some brain space over the coming weeks. I need to wait, work out costings, deal with the up-coming bills and car payments and then see what I can do come April/May.

See, I can be sensible when I put my mind to it....HA!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Hopefully you'll hear soon.

Teeth cleaning isn't cheap, regardless of vet. General vet things is where the price can vary eg jab, ops, check ups etc.

Add a bit of moisturiser to your foundation, makes it go further and could improve your cheap one; I assume you cut the end off your old ones to get every bit out.

Do find a budget for the pampering, it's good for your mind, body and soul.
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Regarding the foundation.. I work in a hot environment so it needs to work for me. I use one from Bare Minerals and only bought in August as a treat and because I was travelling so couldn't be mixing up a few potions while on the go. 

It will get tipped upside down and scraped clean (cotton bud) as it's in a glass jar. I have used it sparingly so it has lasted longer than normal. 

The new one MUA was purchased once and is too dark. So I get the very light one and mix it up. Will be interesting to see how long they last now. I can't mix it with moisturiser as I need it to set fast and hard..🤣🤣🤣.. And it needs to be solid coverage. 

Yes a beauty budget isn't a bad idea. I'm currently doing calculations for everything now and an end of Jan post will follow shortly with costings. All very interesting when you see it written down. 
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options

Good Day one and all.. 

A quick run through of expenditure. Its not thrilling but its interesting to know where everything went. 
    I was under the assumption I earn £1300 - with pension contributions its not £1253.76

Money Spent. 

Food - £238.87 (average £59.72 a week)
    Charity - £140
    Debt Repayment from 1st Jan - £131
    Beauty - £99.93 (This WILL be almost negligable in Feb)
    Cat Treats - £15.18 (Birthday treats...;-)....)
    Bills and Rent - £295.08
    Dentist - £73.00
    Petrol - £60
    Gym Supplements - £29.97 (Samples at £5.97 first then full tub)
    Gym Payment (Taken a day early/usually Feb budget) - £26
    Currently in L/T account - £150
    Currently in Car account - £100 (should be £160 but petrol was £60)
    Currently in Bills account - £34 (this will build up again)

Total Remains - £10.73 unaccounted for. 

I believe the unaccounted money comes from the £16 earned through Vinted...it annoys me that I cannot put those last few pennies to purchases. So we shall be more vigilant in February. 

This Friday means sending that £27 spent 2 days ago from the food account to the Other account. 

Also an extra £12.50 a week to make up for the missing £50 in the Long Term account as I need to get that back on track. 

An extra £5 also to the Car account to make it an ever £50

This week I have £20 to spend on food and essentials.... bog roll and broccoli. Thrills... lol!
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    It's always really interesting seeing people's breakdowns, especially for things like groceries. Happy birthday to the kitty!
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Do you have a notepad to write all spends down and tally it up at the end of the month, or ask for receipts for everything.

You've done really well with your budget and cover a lot.

Kitty birthdays are so much fun 😺
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback