From £6000 ----> £9000 in 2023.

Options

Comments

• NinjaSavingKat
    Options

State Pension denotes I am eligible on 5th April 2051. All in order. 
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • duesouthtwin2
    Options
    I admire so much that you can cook and you are very creative with it. I’ll be looking for tips!
    Debt free. House deposit £60k. Aim for £70k. 2024/2025- move to Scotland. Overtime at work. 2028- buy a horse
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Me too, your food is healthy and inspirational, I don't think you should cut it too much as it is an investment. I wish i had eaten as healthy as you when i was younger. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Living_a_good_life
    Living_a_good_life Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 16 January 2022 at 8:30PM
    Options
    Hi NSK, 
    Haven't looked on mse forums for a very long time and have just started lurking on the mortgage free threads wondering if its something to dream about and try and make reality. Anyway, looked at my old bookmarks and wondered if there was still a NSK style monthly post and this popped up. So glad you got to travel as you planned, scary how many years ago that was when none of us have aged at all..... 😁 Your original money saving posts helped us shift our debt so a big thankyou, good to see you back.
    Currently juggling trying to save and modernise the house with increasingly expensive teenagers. Good luck with your saving and here's to a fabulous 2022 🙂

LAGL X

Debt free on the 28/05/13
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Good Day one and all.. 

@Living_a_good_life.. how WONDERFUL to hear from you! I am so happy to see an NSK debt buster drop by and say hello. Can you believe the NST Turtles have been going for nearly 7 years - thats 5 years longer than I did it for. I sometimes snoop on the old thread and make sure no one from my day is back in debt - teenagers are expensive. Don't worry.. you will get by okay. Otherwise they can go clean some chimneys for you!..;-)

Have to fill in the application forms for the new job today or tomorrow. Have so far completely forgotten so need to get on that. 

Had a quick run through of the upcoming out-goings. The Vet bill is the most important as it will be Friday week. Calculations say I will have £250 available ( bill predicted to be between £150 and £400) so i honestly hope its a simple clean and no teeth will need to come out. They said it would be £150 for the clean and only up to £400 if she needs extractions... however she sis eating fine so there doesn't seem to be any issues with her teef...;-)

I will still have the longterm savings and should be at £150. I would prefer not to touch that so fingers crossed I won't need to dip into it. 

Then we re-hash for the forthcoming car insurance in March...

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hope the vet bill wasn't too bad and you managed to get the application form completed.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Morning All... 

Just a quick one from me. 

Vet is this Friday. So fingers crossed. 

Nominal interview on Tuesday. So fingers crossed. All extra funds will be diverted to the car account for the impending insurance renewal in March.

£100 now in the Long Term savings ISA...I intend to add more to catch up the £50 that was missed at the beginning of the year to keep on track - might transfer the £20 from Other account.

Pre-workout for the gym purchased. Tried a new one, seems acceptable and easier to get hold of in future - this time from Holland and Barrett but next time from Dolphin Fitness as they are cheaper in general and quite reliable. 

Some supplements running out in 20 days. Need to consider getting more of everything. As much as I eat well I think a robust supplement support has assisted my health / hair / joints in the last while so I would like to keep up with that. 

Been good. Looking at things I think I need and walking away. Small steps..;-)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Good luck with the vet and job interview 🤞 Well done on resisting spending. 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck with the interview and vets.
    Spread the catch-up payment to make it easier.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    For sure. Very very slow £5 a week increment..🤣🤣🤣
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback