PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The all new using what you have from your Freezer, Cupboard or Shed (Barn)

Comments

• cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi guys
    Can I ask if anyone has frozen Boursin cheese. I’ve still got some from Xmas that’s coming up to date and isn’t in this weeks menu plan.
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,546 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Sorry @cuddlymarm can't help with the Boursin but I do freeze brie which freezes fine; I know Boursin is a softer cheese so not the same.  Could you try freezing a small piece of it and then get it out after a few days and see what it's like once it's defrosted?  That should tell you if it freezes OK.

In:  0
    Out:  beef stew

• cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks JD
    I've put them in the freezer anyway, it will be a learning experience. We go on hol next week (well in theory anyway cos it’s been cancelled 3 times already) so I’m running down all the fresh stuff and freezing the rest.
    I’d managed to last this far with just bread, milk and veg but did an online shop which arrived yesterday. Mainly frozen and tins, and topped up with teabags and ground coffee which was on a really good offer. OH takes a travel mug of coffee to work which saves money as he would buy one out so I’m topped up hopefully until the next offer.

🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • London_1
    London_1 Posts: 1,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Fish pie from the freezer for me tonight along with green beans and carrots all giving me a little more wriggle room in the freezer I can't wait to defrost it. I have two new drawers to go in as the old ones had cracked and broken I've had them for months it seems so its definitely no more stuff in the freezer for me its got to be eaten 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback