PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The all new using what you have from your Freezer, Cupboard or Shed (Barn)

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,438 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I am making a turkey ham and veg pie to use up the remains of a turkey breast that OH cooked during the week. It was a £10 special offer from Iceland before Christmas which went into the freezer and didn't get used till now. It has already made multiple meals, so I have put the remaining slices into a pie dish with some stuffing balls, some bits of ham, a softened leek from the garden and some cooked mixed veg from a bag in the freezer, dotted with the leftover bit of cranberry sauce and covered with the leftover turkey gravy. I have cooled it all down (the gravy and veg were hot) and it is now in the fridge alongside shortcrust pastry, currently resting in a bowl, ready to cover it before baking. I haven't used a bottom crust.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,544 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Nothing going into the freezer today but will be taking out some chicken thighs to make a chicken chasseur for dinner tonight.  If there is any left then it will end up in the freezer but not until tomorrow!

• In: 
    1 pack of sausages, cooked then bagged, 10 crumpets, 1 pack chicken thighs, 4 tubs of HM vegetable soup
    Out: 
    Breaded fish, blueberries
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • carinjo
    carinjo Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Out: pork loin roast for tomorrow. Various bits for chutney.
    In: from the L1dl box, just over 1/2kg blanched cubed carrots frozen to be used wherever. There was about 1.3kg of apples, used with the grapes already had to make https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/apple-grape-chutney#commentsFeed

It's good for the soul to walk with your soles on the soil. 
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,544 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Making a beef stroganoff with some LO beef from the weekend, no doubt there will be some which will end up in the freezer.  Half of the chicken chasseur from yesterday has gone in this morning.  Nothing taken out.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback