PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The all new using what you have from your Freezer, Cupboard or Shed (Barn)

Options

Comments

• William1948
    William1948 Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Information really as I ve seen a lot of people asking if the Octopus Gas/Elec acc 12m fix is a exit free account.As of this morning.(New here so hope I ve done this correctly)
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,691 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi @William1948 and welcome! Thanks for posting, but somehow it's ended up on a 'using up food stocks discussion', so perhaps repost somewhere on the energy board? Energy — MoneySavingExpert Forum You might find a relevant thread already exists or you could start one yourself.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Just calling in to report a batch of muffin making - so now we are out of plain flour and margarine, have finished a box of icing sugar (I think there's just the one more) and decreased stores of eggs, coffee, sugar and walnuts. The calories must be pretty hefty, so I'm hoping they will last us the week.

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
  • Pollie
    Pollie Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You could use the 2 milks up in pancakes (sweet or savoury) or in smoothies. Icing sugar can be used to make microwave meringues, if you have a surplus.
  • Cairnpapple
    Cairnpapple Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Pollie said:
    You could use the 2 milks up in pancakes (sweet or savoury) or in smoothies. Icing sugar can be used to make microwave meringues, if you have a surplus.
    please tell me about microwave meringues! that sounds relevant to my interests!
  • Cairnpapple
    Cairnpapple Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Pollie said:
    thanks @Pollie, that's very exciting,  I had no idea it was possible! I also have a glut of icing sugar
  • Nellbell21
    Nellbell21 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know how to cook liver and for how long?  I need a high value treat for puppy class. Xx
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know how to cook liver and for how long?  I need a high value treat for puppy class. Xx
    I fry it very lightly. It cooks fast and is at its best while it's still soft in the middle, so just a few minutes, turning part way through. Different types have different strengths - I think chicken is mildest and ox is strongest, if you want to aim it at their tastebuds.

• Nellbell21
    Nellbell21 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    @Cherryfudge Thank you!  Im going to just get what’s available in Asda to be honest.  It’s because we are doing recall and I have to be irresistible so he comes back to me! Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback