We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2022 - Moving forward

1…8586889091…192

Comments

  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well done on the PAD
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,938 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well done on the PAD
    Thank you :)
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Good strategy ☺️
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,938 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Good strategy ☺️
    Thank you :)
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,938 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Today's PAD - £2
    Jan - £126
    Feb - £106
    Mar - £136
    Apr - £122
    May - £113
    June - £20
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • BalanceBy50
    BalanceBy50 Posts: 514 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I could get used to 4 day bank holidays!  I also have Fridays off and I love it!

    I am going to steal your PAD if thats ok - just paid £2.64 off of my CC 😊

    Lets hope this week flies by!
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,938 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I could get used to 4 day bank holidays!  I also have Fridays off and I love it!

    I am going to steal your PAD if thats ok - just paid £2.64 off of my CC 😊

    Lets hope this week flies by!
    Oh it's lovely isn't it!  4 day weeks are in the news too, hopefully it will become the norm for many!

    Feel free to PAD too, lets all of us smash those debts!
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,938 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I got a letter from the GP asking me to book in for another blood sugar level test.  So I've got that tomorrow.  I'm not convinced there will be any difference!  My weight certainly isn't any better.  I've made good progress with eating well, but certainly haven't reduced sugar enough.

    Fingers crossed they can find a vein in the first instance!
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.