PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2022 Vegan Storecupboard Challenge

Options

Comments

• leftatthetrafficlights
    Options
    Next week's meal plan - I'm trying to get through the fridge and freezer plus use up the veg I already have in: 

Sunday - vegan duck with pancakes

Monday - spicy baked cauliflower with sweet potatoes; blood orange & red grapefruit salad; leaves

Tuesday- braised cabbage with buckwheat; Mexican Black beans; beetroot and apple salad;

Wednesday- bubble & squeak; vegan sausages/fish fingers; baked beans

Thursday- enchilada pie (butternut squash, tomatoes, kidney beans) with salad

Friday- cabbage, beans & rice

Saturday  - miso fridge soup

I've got my grandbaby for a week starting from Wednesday so I'll be cooking different stuff for him - he is neither vegan nor an adventurous eater but he's only little so I'll let him off! 😉😂😂😂 

I am now at the 'cannot physically get anything else in the freezer' stage it doesn't help the dh bought me two tubs of booja booja ice cream last week!! 😍🤦‍♀️ they are beautiful- I'm not much of an ice cream person normally but for these an exception will be made!

Anyway, point is, I really need to start reducing the freezer contents - so although it's going off my 'healthy' plan as some of the stuff in there is processed vegan stuff, I'm going to have to do it. I need to do the inventory on it but I'm worried that if I empty it I won't get stuff back in!! 😳😂 Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll have run it down enough for me to see what's happening in there 😉 

Tilly Tidy Fund 2024: £80.86/£100

Weight loss challenge 2024:
    4/24lbs
    1st quarter starting weight: 9st 13.1lb
    2nd quarter starting weight: 9st 9.2lb
    3rd quarter starting weight: 
    4th quarter starting weight:

GC 2024 - Annual Target: £2712- Running total:£764.12/£2712
    Monthly Target: £226
    Jan: £74.12; Feb: £300; Mar: £190; Apr: £200; May: £; Jun: £; Jul: £; Aug: £; Sep: £; Oct: £; Nov: £; Dec: £

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,600 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Booja booja ice cream yummy 😋
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lucky lady @leftatthetrafficlights, I've never tried it. Only the chocolates, as they were a freebie for shopping with Ocad* for x amount of time, a few years back. 
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • leftatthetrafficlights
    Options
    I never liked the choccies @K9sandFelines - but the choccie ice cream is lush! 

I'm still on track with my meal plan - bit of a minor miracle for me! - but I'm trying to think of what to feed the grandbaby in the next week 🤦‍♀️ he's at that incredibly fussy stage at the moment- when he was tiny he ate absolutely everything but now is firmly in the 'cr*p food' camp...if anyone has any suggestions,  please feel free to make them! He does eat pasta so I'm planning on making some at the weekend with him - I'll dry the excess as I know there will be too much and put that on next week's plan 😉

4/24lbs

Jan: £74.12; Feb: £300; Mar: £190; Apr: £200; May: £; Jun: £; Jul: £; Aug: £; Sep: £; Oct: £; Nov: £; Dec: £

• K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I never liked the choccies @K9sandFelines - but the choccie ice cream is lush! 

I'm still on track with my meal plan - bit of a minor miracle for me! - but I'm trying to think of what to feed the grandbaby in the next week 🤦‍♀️ he's at that incredibly fussy stage at the moment- when he was tiny he ate absolutely everything but now is firmly in the 'cr*p food' camp...if anyone has any suggestions,  please feel free to make them! He does eat pasta so I'm planning on making some at the weekend with him - I'll dry the excess as I know there will be too much and put that on next week's plan 😉
    They are very rich aren't they!?

I wish I could  help with the menu for GS, but my GD will only eat a limited selection of things due to adhd/asd 😏
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not sure how old your GS is but my children liked helping to make little h/m veggie pizzas from quite an early age.  Each mini pizza used a half a shop bought muffin spread with tomato pasta-type sauce and was sprinkled with bits of veggies. If you use h/m tomato sauce you can add extra veg in disguise. I used to fill ramekins with things like frozen peas, sweet corn, chopped mushrooms - things they liked - and they got to build their own and make a mess.  Then they sprinkled everything with cheese and I shoved it all under the grill until the pizzas looked done.   There was never a problem in getting them to eat what they'd made themselves.  You could probably make your own alongside your GS but choose vegan options for yourself.  Might that work?
  • leftatthetrafficlights
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion @Broomstick 😁 pizza is one of the things he definitely eats (he'd eat nothing else given the opportunity 🤦‍♀️😂) I'll make one with him at the weekend 😉  

4/24lbs

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,600 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having a brain fog moment, I couldn't get my head around making a pizza on a muffin until I remembered yummy English muffins 🤦‍♀️I now want an English muffin 😋  
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • leftatthetrafficlights
    Options
    Well we did pizza yesterday, vegan bolognese with cucumber and yellow pepper salad tonight, tomorrow will be wraps with salad and cheese, Saturday its out for lunch so picnic dinner, Sunday sausages veg and Yorkshire puddings and Monday fish fingers chips and beans - not very exciting but at least he'll eat it! 🤦‍♀️😂

4/24lbs

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback