E: 19/12 Win up to £10,000 (PayPal users + free entry route available)

Options
Mouse400
Mouse400 Posts: 4,905 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 20 December 2021 at 7:05AM in Game over
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway

Every time you check out or donate with PayPal for £10 or more, you’ll automatically be entered for a weekly chance to win £25, £50, £250, or £10,000 to shop with PayPal. All £25, £50, and £250 prizes expire at 23:59:59 GMT on 31 December 2021. If such prizes are not used by 23:59:59 GMT on 31 December 2021, they will expire.

"To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site click on the Free Entry Link https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Terms & Conditions, and click the button to make fifty (50) entries into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. Each entry must be submitted separately. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period."

Comments

• householder7
    householder7 Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 November 2021 at 5:50PM
    Options
    Not 100% sure if this is the right place, sorry if not!

Is anyone participating in this - opt in to be entered into weekly prize draws until 19th December, no purchase necessary in that you get 50 free entries, then making purchases/donations etc gain you further entries. Would be really glad of some help with the rules as I am a bit stumped at the moment!.
  • householder7
    edited 8 November 2021 at 10:02PM
    Options
    Thank you! It's mystifying to me and others have commented much the same on twitter etc.
    I didn't even receive any emails yet I followed all the process. I would have expected that once you were 'in', there would be something to say 'you've already entered' but I've just tested this by opening a private browser window and starting again - it let me go through the whole process and pop up windows thanked me - but as far as I can tell it seems you could just go on doing this, on a loop. :o
    As far as the 0/50 goes, I did think last week that that meant you have 0/50 left - because number of days was shown as days left. Ie, you've had your raffle entries so any purchases won't count because it's max 50 per week by any method. But today mine still says that (and 8 days left. Huh?!)
    Also I have no idea what the bit in the free entry section of the t&cs means by saying 'each entry must be made separately'. If I can't fathom any of this I'll contact them - if they can't lay out their steps clearly they'll have to expect people asking them!

edit: I see now you also meant the confirmation screens/popups, priorslee, not that you had an email confirmation. so that's one thing off my confused list haha.
  • moominvalley
    Options
    I think 'each entry must be made separately' means you need to enter every week to be entered into each weekly competition (i.e. an entry in week 1 doesn't mean an entry for week 2 or subsequent weeks).
    £2020 in 2020 - £2043.80  
    £2021 in 2021 - £3930.56 !!!!!

2021 wins: £25 My Weekly Missing Link; £50 The Sun Sports Quiz
    2022 wins: £200 That's Life Prize Pointers competition
  • householder7
    edited 9 November 2021 at 2:14PM
    Options
    But this is just in section ii of the terms, about entries made without qualifying payment, ie the 50 free entries.
    I've messaged them now with some of these queries, will see what they come up with.
    edit: this is their best effort so far (apart from in the first place telling me to read the t&cs despite me quoting the t&cs..)
    "Some customers aren’t seeing their raffle entries through the PayPal app. Our Teams will implement a fix to this issue. In the meantime, customers can use their email to count their entries as they’ll receive an email for each entry. Unfortunately Customer Service this not have the access to view your entry's."
    Has anyone made a qualifying purchase & received an email?

• floorflock
    Options
    I made a purchase yesterday and got an email saying that I had one entry

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills