Splendid September's NSD Challenge!

Options
This challenge is about setting yourself a weekly/monthly target of how many No Spend Days you would like to achieve during September. To join, just post your personal target and you are on your way!

Tips for the challenge:
1. Decide on a clear goal weekly or monthly of how many No Spend days you'd like to try and achieve. If you've never done the challenge before, it's probably better to start with a goal of 10 or (at most) 15.
2. It is fine to exclude necessary expenses eg petrol, groceries, pet food, etc, when it comes to deciding what is and isn't an NSD. It is also completely fine to exclude automated or recurring payments such as bills, mortgage or direct debits.
3. It does help to post every time you notch up an NSD, or at least every two or three days ... it's easy to lose track! If you want to keep track of your NSDs in your MSE signature, that can be really motivating too image
4. It also helps to bookmark the thread, it's much easier to find image
5. NSDs are trickier than they seem and easily derailed. It makes the challenge much easier if you notch up as many as you can in the first half of the month.

September

Off to a start = image
5 days = image
10 days = image
15 days = image
20 days = image Target reached = image Target beaten = image
In April I am taking a break from buying: Books

Comments

• cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 1 September 2021 at 1:20PM
    Options
    September targets
    allie23
    BadBookkeeper 15 Balancinglife 12 beanielou 15 browneyed_girl 15 cathybird 15 Couldsavemore 15 CRANKY40 darannah doingitanyway GeorgianaCavendish 12 Honeysucklelou2 jammy dodger 18 kitty43 Money Choices nettyz QueenJess 15 scotmumof3 short bird 17 welshspendthrift 15 WinterWarrior 15
    Newcomers welcome :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,523 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks as always for the shiny new thread @cathybird :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Couldsavemore
    Options
    Hi Cathy birds,
    Can I go for 15 NSD's this month.
    I need to get back to my financial diet

# 36 1p challenge 2024 - £421.80

#13 POYD by Christmas 24  £1925/8138… 
  • Balancinglife
    Options
    Good Morning. Can I join please? I am going to try 12 NSDs. Thanks
  • WinterWarrior
    Options
    Calling early for one for today, but there’s a huge spend on the horizon as we had to call the emergency vet for a house visit for our old dog at 5.30 this morning 😞
    Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R.Tolkien
    🌊 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor 🌊
    2024 challenges - (1) £8k savings challenge = £1000 so far (2) 1 stone weight reduction = 2lb so far
    My WW and friends diary is here 😁 … 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6259606/must-try-harder/p1

• BadBookkeeper
    Options
    Morning all.

Won’t be an NSD today as taking DS for ‘back to school’ haircut!  
    I’ve gone through my diary and I have 6 birthdays in September!  I will buy all 6 cards today as this would usually cause 6 separate spend days during the month.

0/15

Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• Kitty43
    Kitty43 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning I am going to back myself and aim for 15 NSD ☺️
  • Kitty43
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @BadBookkeeper that is a really good idea 
  • Kitty43
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @WinterWarrior i hope your dog is doing much better 🥺
  • browneyed_girl
    Options
    Hi!  Can I please join in this month?  I’ve set myself the target of 50 NSDs by the end of the year.  For September, I’m going to aim for 12  :) 

It won’t be a NSD today as need to pick up a few items for DD2’s friend who is staying over and is a very fussy eater.  Also need to buy tickets for DD1’s birthday outing.  Should mean that we can achieve a NSD tomorrow though! 
    Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
    Debt at highest = £62,842.59 (Dec 2018) - now £44,611.39 (Oct 2021)
    Emergency fund £268.63 / £1000
    NSD October Challenge 8/12
    NSD target Sept-Dec 2021 17/50
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family