GLUCOSAMINE.  Save £60 a Year

Comments

• catford
    catford Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Ive just started suffering big time with cuff rotation syndrome,and find Chondromax,which is 400mgchondroitin plus 500mg glucosamine,and from Healthspan in guernsey,to be very good once it kicks in. It costs about £16.post free and came quickly
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Glucosamine is available on prescription from your doctor. I hear that some doctors don't/won't prescribe it though. My doctor had not prescribed it until I asked him to and he did so without any fuss. He had to ask me the daily dose. It is available in 500mg and 750mg on the NHS.

I found out about its availability on the NHS from my ortheopedic surgeon. He told me a trial had been conducted at St Peters Hospital in Chertsey which proved successful in the relief of joint pain.

Regards,
    Art.
  • My labrador suffered with slight hip dysplasia and was prescribed very expensive glucosamine / chondroitin tablets by the vet. He has been on 1000mg per day for 4 years. I now buy them much cheaper on the net or in health shop. He also has improved greatly and rarely limps at all now. By the way, I have heard that glucosamine is more effective when combined with chondroitin - does anyone have any more info on this?
  • [size=+1][/size]Hope you've investigated the prices at ZIVIT

Slight problem with your link Ted. It has "http://www.zipvit.com[/url" in it.
    Perhaps you could edit it to remove the "[/url" at the end.

I'll have a look at the prices on there which may be useful for my parents.
  • cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Glucosamine are on BOGOF in Tesco currently at £7.99 for 90 but you'll be getting 180 for the same price...
    I haven't got one!
  • ZIPVIT Try this one

TESCO'S are a stupid place to buy supplements.
    I don't know how strong TESCO GLUCOSAMINE is but I bet it isn't 1500mg
    360 x 1500 from zipvit are £12.95
    To get the same number from Tesco's at special offer buy one get one free will cost £15.98 so even if they are the same strength they are more expensive. If they are 750mg then they are more than twice as expensive.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • I doubt if it's 1500mg but they do branded and own-brand varieties and the branded ones are available in various strengths.

I have bought Glucosamine with Condtroitin from Tesco once before and it was a higher strength than the one from Nature's Best such that it was a 1 a day whereas the Nature's Best one wasn't.

I noticed that the G with C is a lot more expensive at ZipVit than at Nature's Best (where my parents buy it) but again that's not a direct comparison because the ones at ZipVit are a higher strength so you don't need to take as many tablets.

I'll have to compare the strengths/prices when I or my parents next want to order.
  • I noticed that the G with C is a lot more expensive at ZipVit than at Nature's Best (where my parents buy it) but again that's not a direct comparison because the ones at ZipVit are a higher strength so you don't need to take as many tablets.
    240 Tablets in 2 pots £12.98 strength 500mg of Glucosamine Sulphate 100mg Chondroitin Sulphate. cost each 5.4p however to get the recommended 1500mg glucosamine you would need 3 daily=16.2p
    Zipvit £22.95 500mg Glucosamine 400mgChondroitin cost each 11.4p to get 1500mg Glucosamine you would also need zipvit 1000mgGlucosamine 360 £10.45= 3p each total cost 14.4p daily.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    A small note of caution on the larger size Glucosamine Tablets, from certain manufacturers. We always used Healthspan, but in a money saving mood, decided to try Simply Supplements and also ZipVit. Found that these were too large for my wife to swallow without great difficulty, so have reverted to Healthspan, and the service and quality is superb. May not be the cheapest, but it comes down to what suits you personally. On Omega 3 capsules, their 'high strength' 500mg size are superb value at £7.99 for 360 tabs. You can often find a £2 off coupon (£18 spend) in the week-end papers.
    https://www.healthspan.co.uk
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family