We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Good and Bad Buys at Lidl and Aldi stores (***Please don't expire***)
Comments
-
Crayfish are traditional, good excuse to eat a few of those American jobs that are threatening the indigenous species (and doing a lot of other damage to waterways).
1 -
And Nanaimo bars!! Pleeeeaaasssssseeeee!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't say no to a saskatoon berry pie either!
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅2 -
Lidl now has an answer to the Colin / Cuthbert caterpillar cake for £6.99. Its also running a promotion - spend £10 between now and Wednesday to be in with a chance of winning £19.66. That might go some way towards ending 60 years of hurt!!
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.1 -
Crivit The Caterpillar?
7 -
Could go with the most popular boys name.
Muhammad the Millipede.Let's Be Careful Out There2 -
I'm waiting for Lidl to start selling a cure for stupidity. I shopped, got home, unloaded my groceries and noticed that there's no bottle of gin. This despite having picked one up, put it on the till belt and having paid for it. Sigh.
So it's either at the till, having not been passed to me after taking off its security collar or I did pick it up and put it in the trolley and didn't notice it when I put stuff in the car, in which case some other customer gets a nice shopping bonus (should they decide they don't want to hand it in - and I wouldn't hold that against them)
The two redeeming things about this - the Lidl app makes it very easy to report forgotten shopping (good to know it's not just me) and that I had forgotten to buy any tonic so wouldn't be having G&Ts tonight in any case.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅6 -
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/82069185#Comment_82069185
Sacre bleu @Brie . I feel nothing but sympathy for you as I enjoy my G&T on the patio in this glorious sunshine!!
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.3 -
It would be funny seeing Arnie advertising that, like he does with the Parkside tools.
Went to Aldi today, and say they had some "American style" stuff on discount. Picked up some ribs for £1.99 per pack, some Salt Beef for £2.49 (might make a few Reuben sandwiches with it), and a couple of the Raspberry Ripple milkshakes for 99p each.
1 -
Not impressed by the Lidl Mint dental tape. No discernable mint flavor at all.
2 -
An excellent result at Lidl today!!
You might recall I said that a bottle of gin didn't make it home with me the other day. Customer service replied to me to say that they'd tried to contact the store but couldn't get through and so closed the case. (disappointing!) Well today I needed some bits and pieces and so went back to the store - first chance since Tuesday. I got and paid for my stuff and asked if the supervisor was available. I explained to him about the gin and said that my theory was that the chap on the till had taken the security collar off but then forgot to pass the bottle to me. I showed him my receipt on the Lidl app. (handy that!!) And he simply said - oh sure, just go get another bottle and someone will take the collar off for you. Which is what happened!!!
Now I think the reason this was so easy is based on a few things. I was polite, not demanding. I was patient and let the supervisor finish serving the people that were already in his queue. I am a woman of a certain age. And they know me, I believe, as I'm a rare Canadian in their store on a regular basis who always says hello to the staff at the till and ask about their day without wasting too much of their time.
On the negative side i forgot to look at my shopping list that was in my pocket and thus didn't get any plasters, assuming they had any. And they were also completely out of tonic. So gin tonight will be with ice and lime. Or maybe I'll get the OH to make me a Tom Collins.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅9
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




