🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Gimme some kitchen envy...!

Options

Comments

• Rosa_Damascena
    Options
    It's going in, it's going in, it's going, kitchen's going in!

Likely to be a few days will be a good fortnight longer at least before I can use it (lack of work surfaces). I see this as the beginning of the end  :)
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • travis-powers
    Options
    It's going in, it's going in, it's going, kitchen's going in!

Likely to be a few days will be a good fortnight longer at least before I can use it (lack of work surfaces). I see this as the beginning of the end  :)
    This is exciting! Hope you post lots of pictures, what surface are you going for?
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Excited for you! 
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Options
    Thanks guys. The worktop will be quartz and glitzy!
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Exciting! Did you manage to find the tiles you were looking for?
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Rosa_Damascena said: Likely to be a few days will be a good fortnight longer at least before I can use it (lack of work surfaces). I see this as the beginning of the end  :)
    I had a sheet of MDF as a temporary work surface for a few weeks while waiting for the worktop to be delivered. The MDF ended up being used as a template so that the worktop could be cut to an exact fit (my walls are neither straight or square).
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FreeBear said:
    Rosa_Damascena said: Likely to be a few days will be a good fortnight longer at least before I can use it (lack of work surfaces). I see this as the beginning of the end  :)
    I had a sheet of MDF as a temporary work surface for a few weeks while waiting for the worktop to be delivered. The MDF ended up being used as a template so that the worktop could be cut to an exact fit (my walls are neither straight or square).
    Yup, we had OSB for 2 months! 
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • travis-powers
    Options
    FreeBear said:
    Yup, we had OSB for 2 months! 
    The ironic thing is if things carry on as they are MDF and OSB will be more expensive than granite!
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 August 2021 at 1:28PM
    Options
    FreeBear said:
    Us too, although ours was about a year for the perimeter and two years eight months for the island 😮

We had iroko already purchased for the perimeter but the rest of the building work going on meant it got pushed to the bottom of the list, lol!

The island was a different story as it kept increasing in size - DH added open shelving to the cabinets we'd purchased from Handmade Kitchens of Christchurch that were originally intended for our previous house, then we realised the wine rack didn't fit elsewhere, so that went into the island too and finally a shelf for cook books was added 😉

The main kitchen had been fitted almost three years by the time DH finally finished the island top with microcement!

And he says I'm impatient, lol!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills