Gimme some kitchen envy...!

Options

Comments

• HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We love our kitchen but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. It's small and compact (we don't love that bit but we needed to make the most from a small space)

It's designed purely for more storage space as we had just two cupboards before.

I aspire to have a kitchen like the ones above one day.

• twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Love them all, it's surprising isn't it when they are all so different.
    The cosiness of Phoebes is a classier up to date version of a childhood family kitchen built by my Great Grandfather.  Just love the blues there and the way the rug is used. It's cosy and bright as well. With so few rooms now compared to what I'm used to it would be good to make more of mine somehow.
    Wondering if I can recreate something like it but I need the cupboard space I've got.
    Still, something to ponder :)
    So far although I've loved the stone and slate pantries we had in both family kitchens I strangely don't miss them now.

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nearly completed installation - fitters have finished I've been painting and tomorrow will be laying the floor. Very happy with it - it's from DIY Kitchens with ash worktop from Worktop Express.

Never seen tiling like that before, it looks great
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Rosa_Damascena Posts: 6,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Am loving your contributions so far and have to say I much prefer the sleek fitted look to the higgledy-piggledy look of freestanding. Kudos to those of you that have been brave enough to go down the DIY Kitchens route. 

My builder is going to get the flooring down ahead of the kitchen. I can see why, but flooring after kitchen as per frankersBri would save me a fair bit in flooring costs.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Rosa_Damascena Posts: 6,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A family member runs a company called Chalkhouse Kitchens, check out their Instagram page (chalkhouse kitchens sw) if you want some envy. It’s all high end handmade stuff. 
    I have really enjoyed looking at the pics of the beautiful kitchens and adding the pricepoints to the kitchens displayed on the website is also very helpful! 
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 May 2021 at 10:18AM
    Options
    Thanks Maisie and Twopenny  :)
    Maisie, yours is/was lovely too! DH put our island together with a mix of Handmade Kitchens of Christchurch cabinets and open storage/shelving he made himself, topped with beton cire (microcement), something he'd not used before. We do have a large granite slab that I use for making pastry etc. It wasn't meant to be a permanent feature but has somehow got left on one end of the island, lol!

Rosa, I actually like elements of both looks although really sleek isn't my thing at all - being a complete maximalist I guess *higgledy-piggledy* suits me better, lol!

Not only that but Doozer's style of kitchen (which I love) wouldn't work in ours where we have one main, very long run of cabinets....plus we're in a 400 year old former mill with features such as the large exposed chimney breast that we wanted to keep as a nod to the building's past history 😉
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • stuart45
    stuart45 Posts: 4,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Alanp said:
    I’m afraid any pictures of my kitchen won’t make anyone envious 
    I'll put some of ours up to make you feel better. Most of it is homemade about 20 years ago and hasn't changed a lot since. If my wife sees some of these photos I will be in trouble.
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
     Some of my kitchen from my previous house. We’ve since moved to a renovation with a horrible awful dreadful kitchen, and I miss my larder so much! 
    I feel your pain, seems to be a common problem when you put heart and soul to create a wonderful cooking space and then sell. The house we bought had a "cheap kitchen to sell" Howdens kitchen and while it is an okay kitchen the plastic coated chipboard/mdf, rubbish worktops, horrible plastic sink, poor layout and ill fitting doors & drawers are awful.
    I have already built a stud wall surround  to move the fridge, built a pantry in the old location and built an island, both solid wood that I painted.
    Because the house has no central heating we need to replace the ancient Rayburn and that requires a slight rejig, my opportunity to replace the cabinets, yess!
    Yesterday I ordered a new sink, I hate plastic & loved my old belfast so I've gone for a double Villeroy & Boch butler.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback