Gimme some kitchen envy...!

Options

Comments

• phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I know what previous posters mean about missing their old kitchens, lol! 

We had a beautifully extended (36' long x 16' wide 😍) kitchen at a previous house. We put blood, sweat and tears into building the extension, but I never really liked the house - a Georgian thatch - so we sold up. From there we went to another project house that sadly we never got round to finishing....in fact the HKC cabinets we fitted here were actually purchased for that house 🙄

This place had a dark, pokey kitchen at the back. The cottage (400 years old) was a repossession and the previous owners had somehow survived with no water supply!

We moved the kitchen to the front and opened it up into another room (and had a borehole drilled!). It's bigger and better than it was, but imho still not a patch on the one we had before.....
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Rdwill
    Rdwill Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
     Some of my kitchen from my previous house. We’ve since moved to a renovation with a horrible awful dreadful kitchen, and I miss my larder so much! 
    Can you tell me how wide your larder unit was. I'm getting one tha is 1000mm wide. 
  • SameOldRoundabout
    Options
    Rdwill said:
     Some of my kitchen from my previous house. We’ve since moved to a renovation with a horrible awful dreadful kitchen, and I miss my larder so much! 
    Can you tell me how wide your larder unit was. I'm getting one tha is 1000mm wide. 
    I’m pretty sure ours was 850mm or 900mm. It was plenty big enough, 1000mm will give you loads of room. HTH. 
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Kitchens are rooms for preparing meals in. They must be practical, if they look nice that's a bonus.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
    Here are a few of ours (Handmade Kitchens of Christchurch cabinets plus vintage larder from ebay and island made by DH).....

Our colours are not going to be everyone's choice (bright red Bertazzoni range and F&B Oval Room Blue eggshell cabinets with vintage Voysey inspired wallpaper backsplash), lol, but we like it 😉

Excuse the hideous Mish mash of sofa cushions and throw which have now been replaced!

That is lovely, ours was HM kitchens of Christchurch in our old house, I've been looking at the website today as we need to make changes and the Howdens one we inherited here is awful. Looking at the prices I think it'll be much cheaper for me to make them.
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
    Ganga said:
    I must admit that I dislike my inherited kitchen, the one in our last house was a solid wood one, traditional joinery cabinets from handmade kitchens direct for £5k, maple worktops for £2k and we fitted and painted it ourselves. I miss that kitchen, I'm a cooking from scratch kind of user so I need space. The first I did when we moved here was to build an island because I missed this one so much

How did you manage to cook on a range that small  :):):)

Actually it was only 1000mm, estate agent wide angle at play! the cooker in this house was 550mm wide, the smallest I've ever used bar a camping stove!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback