We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Octopus Tracker
Comments
-
25% increase now predicted
2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.0 -
Yes - I saw that. Absolutely staggering. I thought my 7p gas fix was ridiculously high, bt it could prove a bargain.
0 -
Tracker is 9.15p today, down from 9.46p yesterday. :-) Lots of hours now when Agile or cheap rate electricity is better.
1 -
I just received an email saying my 12 months fix on the Octopus tracker was coming to an end, I just thought it was ongoing, not fixed. It looks like I just need to renew.
AI - "The Cheapest for Average Homes: Octopus Tracker
The savings: It averages roughly 30% cheaper than the standard Ofgem price cap."0 -
Thus proving, I’m afraid, the fallibility of AI! Tracker looks a particularly bad bet at the moment, and hasn’t been for some time.
1 -
It certainly has not been cheaper over the last month just had a quick glance.
4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy
CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
I switched from Tracker to an Eon fix at the end of May.
I am still checking Tracker prices and for September alone, I have saved just over £25.
Bob1 -
AI overview - Octopus Tracker is generally cheaper based on historical wholesale trends, but an E.ON fixed tariff provides total price certainty.
AI does look at the Octopus website for information. I have an open mind. I compared with Uswitch and it believes that Fuse Energy is my cheapest tariff.
I like the option where it's not a gamble of picking the right/wrong fix. The Fuse tariff is for 18 months, yet no one knows what the energy prices will be in 6 months.
0 -
I left tracker and moved to a Fuse 13m fix for gas in July and seeing the rates recently so glad I did. Hopefully by the time it ends in July things will have calmed down 🤞
1 -
I hope that works out for you, but it's still a gamble, if energy prices had gone down, you may have lost out.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



