We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Octopus Tracker
Comments
-
Was that a special deal referral bonus or something as I can only see £50 deal on the web and on Octopus referral t @ c ?
Unless you switched before the price changed or some time ago and you get paid after your 1st DD or bill payed.
Maybe the £100 pending will payout £50 credit as single fuel but you could be lucky and net the £100.
0 -
They should of posted in the Fuse thread then.
This is confusing as I mentioned Octopus but then I should pay more attention to users posting about non Octopus stuff in here.
Thanks for pointing it out.
0 -
To be fair the discussion was not really about Fuse, it was about leaving Octopus, and the Fuse bonus was put forward in support of leaving Octopus. So it was relevant to Octopus.
If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..1 -
Back to tracker ….ouch
4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy
CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com1 -
Yes back to Octopus Tracker thread.
I left tracker in April this year for OTM and rarely check the Octopus tracker app but I have recently and I am glad I left but paying just over 5p a unit and seeing it's now 8p is a shock.
It will be even more of a shock next April when my fix comes to an end as I don't think prices will come down from what they are now.
0 -
Southern England today - April 26 version - 9.5p kWh - Gas
1 -
Ouch indeed. My parents have stuck with it all summer. Time to convince them to abandon it, I think.
0 -
The average price of Tracker gas today is near-as 10p/kWh.
Anyone still on that gas tariff is braver than me!
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.0 -
Well, I'm still on it, with the proviso that I don't use it until November and then very very little, to begin with for hot water. At current gas prices (9.41p!) that makes many more hours of immersion on Agile a better bet!
Hopefully one of the quotations I get for A2A will be half way reasonable..
0 -
The outlook on gas wholesale prices for the winter is bleak, and the price cap looks like increasing by 10% or more in January. Still some decent fixes around, and an exit penalty of £50 in case prices tumble. Not a lot if you're a high user.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards





