We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Octopus Tracker
Comments
-
Jumped ship for gas to Fuse. Lower SC and a bit of certainty in an unstable market.
"Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.0 -
Fixed with Fuse a few days ago at 7p. The thing to remember is that there’s likely to be a further 10% on the price cap in January. 7p sounds a lot now, but it won’t in January.
0 -
I’ve run the numbers and went with their higher fix but lower SC based on my historical use. I was hoping we would have seen trump TACO by now hence sticking with tracker but I think it will be 10p+ even on the prev version of the tracker that I had until Feb.
0 -
Ecotricity and Fuse have both got decentish fixes on gas at the moment. Fuse had a £50 penalty rather than £100 and that might be relevant if somehow, magically, the Strait of Hormuz is reopened. In that event the current fixes could look ridiculous and a quick get out might be needed! Europe is short of stored gas at the moment though and the winter doesn’t look good.
0 -
I have also jumped to Fuse - my assessement on the risk of continuing very high prices through to next Summer has changed so I decided to mitigate the up side risk on price. I took the gamble back in April that it would come down again, but hey ho - you can't win them all.
0 -
Fuse is also running a referral scheme, so you can earn £100 mitigating cancellation fees!
"Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.0 -
Can you elaborate on this?
Does the person signing up get anything or just the person who referred?
0 -
According to my app it says “Invite a friend and you both earn £100 “
0 -
That would be for Duel fuel and £50 for single fuel I think.
Not sure if you can get the incentive if you were a previous customer but someone may confirm or deny this.
0 -
I've only signed up for gas and I have £100 "pending" on my account. I believe it is only applied after you have paid your first bill.
"Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
