First Post Name Dropper
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    UPDATE:
    Valuation has cone back fine (as expected!), they're doing the very final bits of underwriting now and offer will be sent this week.
    He has NO doubt that I'll receive an offer by Thursday! Wahoo!! Will update once received :) 
    That's amazing, congrats! You must be so relieved. Still no update here, I'm going to hang on til Wednesday as that will be five working days since I last sent info in to my broker. Its taking so long I'm convinced we're getting declined!!
    Ah thank you! I still don't feel calm as I don't have the offer, Thursday will be a week since valuation!
    That makes sense, I keep seeing 5 day underwrite, so should have some information by then *fingers crossed*, I honestly think if it was bad news it would come quicker. Aldermore are known for seeing the people behind the numbers, so I'm sure it will all be fine! x
    I'm really not sure 😕 I haven't heard anything today. Waiting is not my strong point! Also concerned I haven't had to provide any ID? Been reading Aldermores lending criteria, obviously want to make myself more panicky, and it says about verifying ID. Did you provide a passport or anything? Should I be worried?? 
    I had a fact find sheet to fill out from my broker and he requested pay slips, driving licence, bank statements, council tax bill right at the beginning.
    Have you given ID to your solictor? It may have gone through them :)
    As @Brucema07 said, until you hear bad news just try not to worry.
    I'm positive no news is good news at this point! X 
    Oh I didn't think of that, yes solicitor has done an I'd check. I also checked back through my email and my broker definitely said something about us passing an ID check but that was to do with our payslips 🤞 and you're both right, I need to step away from Google and stop worrying lol 
    Yes Google is terrible! As soon as I have a free second at work I'm Googling it! 🤣 that's how I ended up here! X
  • JMcc123
    JMcc123 Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Brucema07 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    @Brucema07 possibly a really stupid question ( but I'm too embarrassed to ask my broker 🤣) do they email the mortgage offer over or send it in the post?
    My broker has asked me to call when I get it, so assuming I see it and he doesnt? 
    We got ours in the post, and the solicitor got a copy too. Im sure my broker said if the solicitor wants it quicker then he would fax it over though, so they might get something digitally when it gets offered. X
    Ah amazing thank you! My broker is STILL saying to hold off paying the solicitor until I know im happy with the offer,  hes already been through the basics with me 🤷‍♀️
    I'll be waiting for the postman like a kid at Christmas this week 🙈 x
  • CLJ2986
    CLJ2986 Posts: 461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    UPDATE:
    Valuation has cone back fine (as expected!), they're doing the very final bits of underwriting now and offer will be sent this week.
    He has NO doubt that I'll receive an offer by Thursday! Wahoo!! Will update once received :) 
    That's amazing, congrats! You must be so relieved. Still no update here, I'm going to hang on til Wednesday as that will be five working days since I last sent info in to my broker. Its taking so long I'm convinced we're getting declined!!
    Ah thank you! I still don't feel calm as I don't have the offer, Thursday will be a week since valuation!
    That makes sense, I keep seeing 5 day underwrite, so should have some information by then *fingers crossed*, I honestly think if it was bad news it would come quicker. Aldermore are known for seeing the people behind the numbers, so I'm sure it will all be fine! x
    I'm really not sure 😕 I haven't heard anything today. Waiting is not my strong point! Also concerned I haven't had to provide any ID? Been reading Aldermores lending criteria, obviously want to make myself more panicky, and it says about verifying ID. Did you provide a passport or anything? Should I be worried?? 
    I had a fact find sheet to fill out from my broker and he requested pay slips, driving licence, bank statements, council tax bill right at the beginning.
    Oh I didn't think of that, yes solicitor has done an I'd check. I also checked back through my email and my broker definitely said something about us passing an ID check but that was to do with our payslips 🤞 and you're both right, I need to step away from Google and stop worrying lol 
    Yes Google is terrible! As soon as I have a free second at work I'm Googling it! 🤣 that's how I ended up here! X
    Yep me too! I'm worse cause I'm on mat leave so I have too much free time to refresh those emails 😅 might let my other half take my phone to work and take the temptation away lol! 
  • JMcc123
    First Post Name Dropper
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    UPDATE:
    Yep me too! I'm worse cause I'm on mat leave so I have too much free time to refresh those emails 😅 might let my other half take my phone to work and take the temptation away lol! 
    Haha I've had mine open on the work laptop every day so can totally relate!
    And those early baby days consist of SO much scrolling through your phone! x
  • CLJ2986
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    UPDATE:
    Haha I've had mine open on the work laptop every day so can totally relate!
    And those early baby days consist of SO much scrolling through your phone! x
    Haha yep, she's nearly 4 months so getting less time to do anything cause she wants entertainment lol! Still no news 😳
  • CLJ2986
    So an update for me, albeit a frustrating one! My broker never received my email last week it seems. I thought it was odd I hadn't had a reply despite sending two emails to her. Have resent the info, and asked for confirmation they've received it. Which I haven't had yet. Is it too pushy to call them 😅😅😅
  • JMcc123
    First Post Name Dropper
    CLJ2986 said:
    So an update for me, albeit a frustrating one! My broker never received my email last week it seems. I thought it was odd I hadn't had a reply despite sending two emails to her. Have resent the info, and asked for confirmation they've received it. Which I haven't had yet. Is it too pushy to call them 😅😅😅
    Oh gosh! What a nightmare!
    At least it's a bit of peace of mine though, and an explanation! I would call, just to check.
    What date does your DIP have on it? mine expired 09/04, so was getting worried about that until yesterday x
  • CLJ2986
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    At least it's a bit of peace of mine though, and an explanation! I would call, just to check.
    What date does your DIP have on it? mine expired 09/04, so was getting worried about that until yesterday x
    Oh I didn't know that was a thing, do they have to be valid until your offer then? My broker must know that. I've resent  the info twice today, her last response was she hadn't had it still so sent again, tried to call but someone has passed on a message. So another day lost for no reason 😒 
  • JMcc123
    First Post Name Dropper
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    Oh I didn't know that was a thing, do they have to be valid until your offer then? My broker must know that. I've resent  the info twice today, her last response was she hadn't had it still so sent again, tried to call but someone has passed on a message. So another day lost for no reason 😒 
    I'm fairly sure they would just extend it, it's only because I was looking through my paperwork and noticed there was a date on it. 
    Oh no😔 are the files too big? I know with somethings I'd taken pictures of I needed to take as a scan on my phone so they were a pdf rather than a jpeg as my broker wasn't recieving them? 
    Definitely worth putting another call in if you haven't heard by midday tomorrow x
  • CLJ2986
    No there are no attachments, its just 4 paragraphs explaining 4 transactions on my bank statement. Sent 3 times now. Definitely going to call tomorrow if I don't hear anything. So frustrating!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback