Aldermore - Process

Options

Comments

• CLJ2986
    CLJ2986 Posts: 461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Capri84 said:
    Cheers for that. I’ve been shielding but paid in full... so income strictly speaking hasn’t been impacted. 

My wife however has, so she’d have to tick yes. Would that mean she was out the game do you think?
    I have absolutely no idea I'm afraid, I'd recommend finding a broker though. I'd never even heard of Aldermore or adverse lenders until I found my broker. I genuinely thought we stood no chance!
  • Brucema07
    Brucema07 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Capri84 said:
    Cheers for that. I’ve been shielding but paid in full... so income strictly speaking hasn’t been impacted. 

My wife however has, so she’d have to tick yes. Would that mean she was out the game do you think?
    I just wrote when me and my partner were furloughed, how long for and when we went back to full time work. I don't know if they are taking on people who on furlough still now though. Your broker will know though if they've recommended Aldermore x
  • JMcc123
    JMcc123 Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi,
    Just an update, I asked my broker what process was being followed and if underwriting had been done etc. For me, he's confirmed underwriting complete (24/03) its now been passed to the survey department (24/03), survey is likely to be next week and advised to call the estate agents on Monday to see when the valuation is.

So for me, underwriting then valuation x 
  • Brucema07
    Options
    JMcc123 said:
    Hi,
    Just an update, I asked my broker what process was being followed and if underwriting had been done etc. For me, he's confirmed underwriting complete (24/03) its now been passed to the survey department (24/03), survey is likely to be next week and advised to call the estate agents on Monday to see when the valuation is.

Sounds like you'll be alright from here then! Unless something majorly wrong with the house. We've just got our paperwork through today!! Genuinely can't believe how quick. I've been stressing our for the last 2 weeks and it looks like its going to be fine! Still don't want to be too cocky though haha x
  • JMcc123
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Brucema07 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    Hi,

Sounds like you'll be alright from here then! Unless something majorly wrong with the house. We've just got our paperwork through today!! Genuinely can't believe how quick. I've been stressing our for the last 2 weeks and it looks like its going to be fine! Still don't want to be too cocky though haha x
    I hope so! My broker just seeks very reluctant to give me any information. I've had to really chase him to get these answers, he's also advised not to pay the solicitors the initial part until he says so, which is concerning me slightly? Like it may go wrong? 🤦‍♀️
    I've filled in paperwork and returned to solicitors today, so they're not chasing payment..  yet. All just seems a bit odd!
    It'd be nice to get it done so I may actually get some sleep 🤪🤣 x
  • CLJ2986
    Options
    JMcc123 said:
    Brucema07 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    Hi,

I hope so! My broker just seeks very reluctant to give me any information. I've had to really chase him to get these answers, he's also advised not to pay the solicitors the initial part until he says so, which is concerning me slightly? Like it may go wrong? 🤦‍♀️
    I've filled in paperwork and returned to solicitors today, so they're not chasing payment..  yet. All just seems a bit odd!
    Oh I've paid my solicitor the retainer fee, I decided I'd rather lose that money than wait forever for the sale to complete if we are lucky enough to get this mortgage! I was worried the stamp duty wouldn't be extended long enough so weighed the risk. I haven't heard amything today after answering questions yesterday. So convinced they are going to say no!!
  • JMcc123
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm not sure if my previous response posted, if it has apologies!
    I'd happily pay but I'll wait for the green light from my broker, im not in a huge rush to move, ideally mid July!

I'm sure if you've answered what was requested and they've not got back to you, that will be a good thing? If there was anything wrong I'm sure they'd have requested more details. No news is good news for now 🤞 x 

• CLJ2986
    Options
    Ah we want to move ASAP if this goes through, there's no chain so it should be pretty fast. Fingers crossed it all goes through for you! 
  • Brucema07
    Options
    JMcc123 said:
    Brucema07 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    Hi,

Our broker was exactly the same. I held off with the solicitors too just incase! I had to ask mine loads of questions, I don't think he liked me that much haha! He even sounded shocked when he told me about the mortgage. Mine said expect the worse, but my partner said he's just managing expectations. I'm sure you will be fine x
  • Brucema07
    Options
    CLJ2986 said:
    Ah we want to move ASAP if this goes through, there's no chain so it should be pretty fast. Fingers crossed it all goes through for you! 
    I wish I told the solicitors earlier now. We've got no chain, so hoping its simple and quick from here! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback