in Mortgages & Endowments
742 replies 22.5K views

Replies

• JMcc123JMcc123 Forumite
    219 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    CLJ2986 said:
    Ah we want to move ASAP if this goes through, there's no chain so it should be pretty fast. Fingers crossed it all goes through for you! 
    Thank you! You too!
    I'll update on Monday when I've spoken to the estate agents. I'll keep checking and hoping for good news for you tomorrow! X
    219 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Brucema07 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    Brucema07 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    Hi,
    Just an update, I asked my broker what process was being followed and if underwriting had been done etc. For me, he's confirmed underwriting complete (24/03) its now been passed to the survey department (24/03), survey is likely to be next week and advised to call the estate agents on Monday to see when the valuation is.

So for me, underwriting then valuation x 
    Sounds like you'll be alright from here then! Unless something majorly wrong with the house. We've just got our paperwork through today!! Genuinely can't believe how quick. I've been stressing our for the last 2 weeks and it looks like its going to be fine! Still don't want to be too cocky though haha x
    I hope so! My broker just seeks very reluctant to give me any information. I've had to really chase him to get these answers, he's also advised not to pay the solicitors the initial part until he says so, which is concerning me slightly? Like it may go wrong? 🤦‍♀️
    I've filled in paperwork and returned to solicitors today, so they're not chasing payment..  yet. All just seems a bit odd!
    It'd be nice to get it done so I may actually get some sleep 🤪🤣 x
    Our broker was exactly the same. I held off with the solicitors too just incase! I had to ask mine loads of questions, I don't think he liked me that much haha! He even sounded shocked when he told me about the mortgage. Mine said expect the worse, but my partner said he's just managing expectations. I'm sure you will be fine x
    Yeah its hard because I feel like I'm pestering for updates, but getting anything out of him is so hard!
    Hopefully it flies through quickly for you, I expect them to try get things sorted ASAP with the 5% deposits kicking in soon id expect them to be VERY busy! X
  • CLJ2986CLJ2986 Forumite
    430 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Well I'm into my 4th week of waiting, and thinking I should definitely get an update tomorrow as I sent an email to my broker late Friday afternoon... so very nervous. Its going to be devastating if after 3 weeks of waiting they say no 😢
  • Amy32Amy32 Forumite
    124 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    CLJ2986 said:
    Well I'm into my 4th week of waiting, and thinking I should definitely get an update tomorrow as I sent an email to my broker late Friday afternoon... so very nervous. Its going to be devastating if after 3 weeks of waiting they say no 😢
    It took us 4 weeks and got our offer, so good luck 😊 our previous mortgage application got declined after 4 months of waiting!!!! 
    430 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Oh gosh 4 months?? I'd lose my mind if we had to wait that long for an answer. I'm hoping for a yes or no today but could be mid week before I hear anything. 
  • Amy32Amy32 Forumite
    124 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    CLJ2986 said:
    Oh gosh 4 months?? I'd lose my mind if we had to wait that long for an answer. I'm hoping for a yes or no today but could be mid week before I hear anything. 
    Good luck with it all! 
    219 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I've just had confirmation from the Estate Agents the Survey took place 25/03, spoke to my broker he said it's normally two working days before an update after that - so hoping for an update either later today or tomorrow!
    @CLJ2986 - Did you hear anything about a valuation yet? everything crossed for you!
    430 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    JMcc123 said:
    I've just had confirmation from the Estate Agents the Survey took place 25/03, spoke to my broker he said it's normally two working days before an update after that - so hoping for an update either later today or tomorrow!
    @CLJ2986 - Did you hear anything about a valuation yet? everything crossed for you!
    Nope not heard a thing, sent my broker an email late Friday afternoon, she usually responds after 2pm (I'm guessing that's when she catches up on emails maybe) so just waiting at the moment. Fingers crossed for you! 
    219 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    Nope not heard a thing, sent my broker an email late Friday afternoon, she usually responds after 2pm (I'm guessing that's when she catches up on emails maybe) so just waiting at the moment. Fingers crossed for you! 
    Maybe it's already been done? My broker didn't know mine had been done, it's only because I chased the estate agents!
    I'm worried it happened on Thursday and still nothing, but Broker did say they're all really busy at the moment, so I'm hoping that's the only reason.
    My nerves can't hack this much longer! x
    430 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    Maybe it's already been done? My broker didn't know mine had been done, it's only because I chased the estate agents!
    I'm worried it happened on Thursday and still nothing, but Broker did say they're all really busy at the moment, so I'm hoping that's the only reason.
    My nerves can't hack this much longer! x
    I know the feeling. I'm tempted to call the estate agents to see if anything has been booked! I feel like I'm harassing people though lol