Dolly's Journey to Mortgage Freedom

Options

Comments

• It is very exciting. 

I just emailed my solicitor to check that everything is going okay and to ask when I am likely to know that the flat is mine. 

Also the sellers have ordered a new corner sofa so are going to sell me the one they have only had for over a year for £200 they are also going to store it in their spare room for me so I don't need to move it.

They are going to leave me bar stools, blinds, curtains, lamp shades, bar stools, cooker and a radiator cover in the living room. 

Every little thing helps!

Also checking FB market place to see whats on offer there.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just had confirmation the missives are concluded!

Letter is on the way to me.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Woo hoo!
    Not long now  :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can't stop smiling every time I think about it!

Bought some stuff today when I was out. 2 mug stacks, tea, coffee and sugar pots. £12.50 for the lot on sale in Wilko's. In grey's and whites so that's my colour scheme sorted  :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just created a spreadsheet with all my house costs on there for the full tax year starting in April. 

Added a tab for each room to keep a track of my spending on furniture, decorating etc. 

I'm gonna be super organised so that I don't lose track of how much I'm spending and to stop me buying too much stuff. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Got the Title Deeds and a Property Enquiry Certificate in the post. 

Also the property is officially off the market online - eeeeeek!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So my Mum gave me a £100 gift card that she got off her work for Christmas so I just ordered the following and only paid £17.96 for it all!

- Breville kettle
    - Breville 4 slice toaster
    - Morphy Richards Iron
    - Viners 24 piece cutlery set

Will pick it up on Friday at my local Asda and just put it in my Mum's spare room until I move. 
  • LeighofMar
    Options
    So exciting. Moving day is coming soon and a celebration will be in order. 
    Mortgage start date Dec 2015 - $64,655.00
    Mortgage end date Dec 2045 - NOT!!!!
    Mortgage balance  - $4600.00
    Business Savings $43,310/100k
    Hope to be mortgage-free by end of 2023 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    3 weeks and 6 days until I get the keys - I am counting!

Trying to figure out what kind of furniture I want and also if I want a feature wall in my living room. I usually just have white walls and put up wee random paintings and prints to jazz it up a bit. 

I've got a painting of a wooded path that my Auntie done for me years ago so I need to try and figure out where that is going to go. Think that might end up in my hallway. 
  • So my credit score has updated today and it has gone from 424 to 370 due to the hard search by Nationwide for my mortgage. 

I'll get that built back up again over the next few months. 

I had a look at the offers for a 0% CC on my report and it say's that I have a 100% pre approval of an MBNA which has a 0% offer for 20 months for purchases. I think if that it still available when all my money is transferred for the mortgage I might apply for that, it will help with the furniture purchases and I will get the full balance paid off before I pay any interest. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback