PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Declutter Mind and Declutter home

Options

Comments

• BarbCh
    BarbCh Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    My voice has gone.  My son rang me.  It was a funny phone call.  Me barely able to whisper. He found it very funny so of course I laughed too.  It’s good to see the funny side, gets those endorphins flowing.   

My motivational technique is to “envisage my future self”. And try to live as if my future is now.  Not explaining it very well.

But I picture a beautiful home, me wearing something nice and looking glamourous,me 💃🎉 🍸🛳.🌞💐That kind of thing.  That spurs me on to make things happen.  

However after today  I need I think to add something.💕🧑🏻‍✈️Or maybe 🧑‍🎨. Or even 🧑‍🚒.  Lol 

LOL! that's Brilliant! 
    I like the visualisation... I'm going to do that x
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BarbCh said:
    Note to self.... Don't paint with a dog running around!!

Awww I used to have labs.Now have a staffie called Bonnie, n yep She rules the roost 🤣🤣
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • BarbCh
    Options
    @candygirl.... he thinks he's human!!
  • candygirl
    Options
    LL those emojis are hilarious 🤣🤣
    I met my first Boyfriend in a noisy disco, n asked him where he worked .I thought He said a bookshop, but it was a butcher's, n I'm a veggie bookworm 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happened to a black and white cat of mine, looked at her in the garden while we had decorators in, and thought "she doesn't have a white bit there!.
    Had to go after her with a damp cloth. 
  • helensbiggestfan
    Options
    Candy......that is so funny.  

BarbCh. What a lovely dog, looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. Lol.  

I've just watched Bohemian Rhapsody and a programme about Adele.  I think I was in the mood for some "bangin tunes" and some larger than life performances to inspire me and lift my spirits.  It worked. Feel more perky now. 

I really wanted to dance but it would have triggered a coughing fit so thought better of it.  😌

Im not the worlds most patient patient, three days is quite long enough for me. I get bored and frustrated when I can't get on with stuff.  I can't wait to feel better soon.  And, more than anything,  I just want to finally kiss lockdowns goodbye and get out there, start my business and maybe start looking for Mr Right Again......😂. Or at least try and rebuild a social life.  

ah well, just need to ride it out a bit longer.  I have found a pretty box, so maybe tomorrow I'll try and find some nice paper and in my best handwriting I'll write down my wishes and send them to the universe.  

• candygirl
    Options
    Ooh Bohemian Rhapsody is fab.I took Mum to see it at the cinema,  n whilst in Goa, watched it with my taxi driver on sat tv, n He loved it  xx

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Let’s get this thread back on the front page 😉 
    Linking mindset to physical decluttering had never really occurred to me, but reading along  has actually started to remind me that my best decluttering occurs when remembering  what a fortunate life I have led & having it in the forefront of my mind 🙂 
    Today was a case in point - the third builder turned up to inspect the collapsed wall & after he measured up he estimated the number of bricks & the number of skips. After he left, DH calculated the cost of the bricks & skips & has a figure in mind for the whole project - three houses worth of wall. The reminder of how fortunate we are, came when I realised that we could afford to pay for all of it 😔 and that was more through luck than judgement. So duly invigorated, I went back into the house & re-sorted the 8 drawers in the wall unit - I now have one empty drawer 🙂 + I found not one but two forgotten treasures 🙂 -  a couple of stick up lights that can go under the kitchen cupboards to light up the work surface (with a remote) 🥳🥳 + the wireless doorbell that we bought many years ago & never set up - both shoved into a drawer to deal with later 😉 So DH will be busy tomorrow 😉😉 I also rearranged the contents of the drawers, put like with like, got rid of a couple of small gadget boxes & relocated a couple of items to their forever homes. 
    So thank you for starting this thread BarbCh 👏
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • BarbCh
    Options
    @Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    I'm so pleased that you are beginning to recognise within yourself that mindset is a big factor in not only organising your life and decluttering.... but also to show gratitude for your blessings.
    Having clutter doesn't mean that you lack finances etc...  and it's good to know that you are able to comfortably finance the wall!
    So maybe the walls of your mindset were brought down too!
    We all build walls around us... for whatever reason.... and those walls can be very restrictive, without getting in a philosophical debate , walls can protect us... provide boundaries, keeping people out! But equally so, trapping us within!
    It's fantastic that you felt invigorated at your realisation and set to on to decluttering not one.... but eight drawers!
    And also a surprise in finding forgotten treasures! 
    I notice mrs SD that you have a header that states your kitchen will be cleaned and tidied each night....... this is something that I  do.... and I have a set of coloured lights under my cupboards too....each night I put them on...then stand back and admire!  It gives me a relaxed and happy feeling and a great sense of achievement...... I'm sure you will love the effect you get too!
    As for the doorbell.... well it will be great when lockdown ends and you can actually have visitors to press it LOL!  
    Thanks for sharing your insight and I  hope that others will be inspired by how a disaster of a collapsed wall can re- invigorate your motivation when you come to the realisation that things are never as bad as they first seem.
    To show gratitude for what we have, and actually put things to good use... instead of taking up cupboard space... is very empowering. 
    Everything in life has a purpose so shine your light and ring that bell!!
    Nameste 💡🔔

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    So Nan's stuff is being collected Wednesday, plan is to immediately move the charity items from big shed to newly empty small shed, which will give me some space in there, and attack it at a later date to get at the collectables and sort/rearrange at the same time.

I'm also so thrilled with the lightweight 2in1 vacuum that I'm going to advertise the three it is replacing next week as giveaways.

I've got some books (set of 8) back on eBay but no takers again yet, disappointed as I only listed because searching the sold listings showed there is a healthy and recent market for the same titles.
    I may try another platform like Shpock if they don't sell again. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback