PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Declutter Mind and Declutter home

Options

Comments

• BarbCh
    BarbCh Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    @KxMx well done you, for using your exercise time productively. I'm sure it makes you feel better.
    Hopefully dry days are coming and we can get on with some outdoor stuff. I don't  envy you tackling a shed! Make sure you get some rest and build up that much needed energy..... especially  as you are dealing with it alone. The pop up food shop sounds good.... it's a great idea for people who can't  get to the big supermarkets or afford them!
    I've been shielding as I'm one of the extremely clinically vulnerable..... and got a text message off Matt Hancock yesterday telling me to shield until 31st March.... so no excuses to nit continue with my declutter.! 
  • BarbCh
    Options
    LACK OF ENERGY

Does anyone else feel like this?
    KxMx mentions needing energy to tackle a shed in a few days time.... weather permitting.... and it got me thinking that lack of energy is a big inhibitor in my quest to declutter.... in fact it was lack of energy and ill health that helped me to get cluttered ! 
    I have health conditions that mean I cant do a lot all at once, and I  have to pace myself.... occasionally I  push myself too far.... and they I suffer and can't  do anything for a day or so.....counter productive really! 
    So I will be glad when warmer weather comes as it is better for my arthritis! 
    I will be glad when I've got through it all and then it's  just a matter of keeping on top of things. 
    I imagine that many others feel this way too!
    So today I'm  putting my internal battery on charge..... 
    Funny how we are quick to charge our phones, laptops etc..... before we consider recharging ourselves.
  • helensbiggestfan
    helensbiggestfan Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 February 2021 at 4:06PM
    Options
    BarbCH. Good to see you posting and feeling a bit brighter.  Another great picture. 😂.  Fatigue is a killer isn't it, you just have to pace yourself. If you do overdo it, you only pay for it afterwards.  

I'm on Day 3 of "something". I don't know if it's an actual cold or whether it's the side effects of the covid vaccine but I feel pretty wiped out.  My friend rang me this morning and we had a lovely natter but now my voice has completely packed up. So......I went to the corner shop and bought some salted caramel ice cream......for medicinal purposes.

So the decluttering can wait until my next energy surge, meanwhile it's a sofa, Netflix and ice cream day. 😂🤣
  • BarbCh
    Options
    @helensbiggestfan.... mmmmm. Salted caramel ice cream! Well I'd stop decluttering for that! 
    Keep an eye on that wiped out feeling....many people feel it after the vaccine, although it was only mild for me and just lasted a day. But you can still get covid so it would harm if you got tested. My son and his partner are just getting over it.... she is a nurse on a covid ward and despite full  PPE she still got it and their biggest symptom was fatigue.... not that you get treated with anything.... because unless you are hospitalized you get nothing!! 
    So rest rest rest.....
    It's great when we can have a good to a friend,  and put the world to rights! 
    So chill out with your icecream and have a relaxing evening x
  • BarbCh
    Options
    Just thought I would share a story with you .... I've always believed in attracting things to us... for good or bad and it's a mindset and vibration that we resonate with.
    That said.... when my husband left a few years ago, my world collapsed and thought that was it for me.
    I decided to go on holiday abroad, alone, where I  met up with a lady who did the same. She moved out to the country and I returned to visit her.
    To cut a long story short we were talking about attracting a nice man, who would treat us right!   And it happened....  I got talking to a nice guy online.... but I was suspicious.... just incase he was a scammer! But we kept in touch and planned to meet up.... then covid happened!
    By this time it was 6 months later and we had messaged, spoke, video called etc and I was sure that he was who he said he was, and I  was sad that it was all going well and then we couldn't  meet up as planned. Then because of the situation we began to loose touch.....
    As I've been using feng shui in my revamp and declutter,  I  activated my love and romance sector!! 
    And would you believe it we were messaging each other last night (hence my brighter mood)  Now as he knows I am divorcing he tells me that he wants us to get together... and see how it goes!!!! YAAY! What a result..... he is very handsome, 7 years younger than me and an airline pilot!!! (I've got all the pictures to prove it and he wasn't scamming me)
    So it will happen, just as soon as Boris and covid allows....... he said he is flying to UK to come and get me!! 
    I think that by changing my mindset, decluttering all of the negative thoughts about my ex husband.... getting rid of possessions that kept me mentally attached to him..... and sending out positive thoughts for change..... it brought my dishy Captain back....
    And now as I  feel happier and positive for the future.... I think I will 'fly' through the decluttering!
  • BarbCh
    edited 18 February 2021 at 6:28PM
    Options
    @helensbiggestfan.... well get you too! But I  agree that if the feelings not the it's no use.
    And it's funny that you say oh la la.... because he works for air france! Not french though.
    Yes it is great to be admired and wanted.... I've also recognised that it is often the lack of love and attention, that sends us down into a negative spiral, not feeling good enough or validated.... hence not making an effort in home or self.... so this has spurred me on to make the best of everything.... 
    Get that love and romance sector activated !!! 
  • BarbCh
    edited 19 February 2021 at 9:49AM
    Options
    @candygirl LOL! I  remember well! Fortunately I  have a lot of evidence he is a Pilot..... but believe me.... I did lots of checking him out.

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BarbCh said:
    @candygirl LOL! I  remember well! Fortunately I  have a lot of evidence he is a Pilot..... but believe me.... I did lots of checking him out.

It just made me laugh, as my bestie has just started dating an easyjet pilot , n I've been teasing her about it 🤣🤣🤣
    He's obvs furloughed at the mo , so no mile high club yet ;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport