Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2021

Options

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Coxy, thats looking lovely. Betasam, love the cross, nothing better than a straight forward cross stitch project, instead of the french knots some people use small beads. 

Bad start to the new year, my OH has not been well for a while, he got a blood test on Wednesday which basically said his kidneys have stopped working, he's in hospital now getting more tests as its a sudden onset, i hope its a blockage of some kind. On the plus side i did cross stitch for like 8 hours straight, BB is almost completed  :D
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh no nmm - so sorry to hear your news. Glad the crafting is coming along and hopefully a welcome distraction although nothing totally blocks out the worry. Sending positive and healing vibes to your OH and hope it's nothing serious xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Oh nmm not good news about your OH. Glad they got the test results back quickly and straight into hospital. Best placed to get the care he needs now. Love and thoughts coming your way and glad for the distraction and comfort from the xstitch. Xx
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • nmm
    Options
    Thanks ladies, hes still in hospital, no answers yet. Almost done BB, crosses finished just the BS to do.

• Charly27
    Options
    Oh nmm I hope you get some news soon. BB is gorgeous. Enjoy the BS x
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • Charly27
    Options

Evening all. Here’s my progress with Robin 1. I stitch just a few rows every evening. I’m going to start a card for my mum tonight. A free design from Alita Designs I’d saved on P@nterest. I have a small piece of Aida and some threads in my stash. Just going to do cards for close friends and family otherwise I’d never get anything else done. Have a lovely evening and let’s hope this week brings good news and calm for us all.
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    nmm - have PM'd you. Great progress on BB - love the shading on him and can't wait to see how the BABS makes him pop.
    Charly27 - Lovely progress on the bookmark. 
    I did a bit more of CC's wings yesterday and the plan is to do more after work. We have a quick tea on the menu tonight so more time for stitching  ;)
    Hope everyone is doing okay. We kept ourselves busy this weekend by painting the porch - it was freezing as there's no heating in there. Glad it's only small and is now finished. Next decorating planned is DS2's room, then our bedroom.
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy xx

Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Thank you for the messages re my OH, he is home but not out of the woods yet. Managed to do a small bit on The junction, hope to do more soon.

Charly27
    , the bookmark is coming along great, i love robins.

Coxy, not much BABS to do but BB is finished.

• Coxy11
    Options
    Oh that's perfect nmm - I love it now the BABS is done. How cute is the patch on his foot  <3 Glad OH is home - have pm'd you.
    I did some more on CC yesterday - bit more of the wing and started on the flower above her head - I get bored stitching the same area so jump about a bit! Hoping for more stitching later as dinner is a "shove everything in a roasting tin and leave for 45 mins" type of dinner. 
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy xx

• Betharooni
    Options
    Beautiful cross-stitch nmm, it makes such a difference when the back-stitch is finished, doesn’t it. Thinking of you and your husband, and praying for a speedy recovery.

I'm just finishing the second sleeve of the jumper, then neckband and then my mum will sew it up. Hope she’s happy with it. Will post a picture of her wearing it once it’s finished.

B x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure