Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2021

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,864 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you both so much xx 
    nmm - the Highlands are so beautiful - will definitely go back one day with DH. Thank you for the PM - logistics being worked out as to what's possible xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Bit cooler in Norfolk this weekend. 
    PL Dublin update. Nearly finished ’The Custom House’. I’m missing one colour, thought I had them all but apparently not! That’s why the windows aren’t complete yet. There’s a lot more colour changing than in my last two projects but I’m enjoying stitching it and it brings back memories of happy visits there. 

‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Lovely charly, slightly cooler here too but not by much. I've not done any stitching this week, OH had his pre-assessment yesterday at Newcastle, the anaesthetist was too busy to check his results so waiting for a phone call, supposed to call back yesterday afternoon but nothing. I hope we hear something next week, fingers crossed. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, hope you are all well :)
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • CB2217
    CB2217 Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello all - been having a nosey but only getting round to posting for the first time.
    Had a Christmas card cross stitch kit for a few years and finally started them at Easter this year.
    2 down - 4 more to go (hopefully in time for Christmas!!)
  • nmm
    Welcome to the cafe CB2217, we all start somewhere and christmas cards are great. We do a card exchange at christmas which is the highlight of my year.

I've mounted and sent my mum's card, zero crafting again :(

• Charly27
    Welcome CB2217. Lovely to have you in the cafe. I think cards is a lovely place to start. I know lots of crafters are stitching Christmas now. Unfortunately I’m more last minute  :D Card looks lovely mounted Nmm. Hope you’ve heard something from hospital re OH. 
    I’ve stitched one of the bridges below the Custom House and started St Patrick’s Cathedral. Will take another photo. 
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • nmm
    edited 30 July 2021 at 10:42AM
    We hadn't heard anything yesterday so phoned them, 5 minutes later they called back saying we're checking now, i guess it was lost in a pile somewhere :/  I actually stitched some of The Junction last night, will do some more and post an update photo at the weekend.
  • Charly27
    That’s so frustrating Nmm. Looking forward to hearing that he’s been sorted an appointment at least and hope you got to do some stitching. Here’s update on PL Dublin. Finished the Custom House windows (thanks to my local shop Knitwits for the missing colour) and the Rory O’More bridge at the foot of it. There are 3 bridges on this. The Spire is pretty much done bar a few stitches at the bottom. I’m now on St. Patrick’s cathedral, to the left and below as you look at it. It’s fun to stitch.

• nmm
    Nice update Charly, it does look very enjoyable to stitch, i always like the bright colours of the pretty little series. 

My latest update on The Junction, i'm on the nice easy bit atm so it's coming together quickly. The 2nd picture is a kit my friend bought me as a gift from her trip to Bulgaria, we've actually been looking at sail boats recently so its perfect :)

• nmm
    Replying to myself oops, the last birthday card for a little while.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure