PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Keto, Atkins & All things Low Carb / Sugar - Frugal Meal prep, recipes, deals & ideas thread!

Options
Hey there! 

I am hoping I am not the only frugalista who prefers to eat LC, I can't see to see a thread or board for it so I thought I would wave to see if I can find some frugal friends!
I did Atkins years ago, bounced around with low fat, and have been on a sorta keto mostly LC plan for around 18 months properly and I am 110lbs down with 90lbs to go. 

I meal prep every Sunday for the following week which I find helps me stay on track pretty well. I do scour the shops for yellow stickers, meat in particular which makes a difference but I am always looking for frugal recipes! I would love to hear how other keto'ers save money where they can, what your favorite meals and deals are. I am a bit of a food hoarder so I am pushing myself to inspire myself using what I already have in the cupboards. Today I also tried a vegetarian week prep and made pesto pizza and creamy tomato soup with some almond cookies - most of the ingredients were from what I already had so I was super pleased.

I do have some bits to use up, some capers (whyyyyy?? lol), and some tahini. I am thinking of some kind of fish and also homemade keto granola bars using the tahini? Or maybe some kind of version of a chicken satay /sesame chicken? That sounds good! 

Anyway - love to chat to other LC / Keto followers! Say hello!
Goal to Clear Debts £4592 Total Progress since 03/10/2020 £2802
Overdraft £1000 PAID OFF JAN 2021
iPhone £817 PAID February 2021
CC was £2775 now £1790 Savings - £42.11
Check out my debt diary here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6197423/keto-cash-credit-card-debt-goals-for-2021/p1?new=1
Weight loss since 2018 following a FRUGAL Keto lifestyle Lost so far - 115lbs -85lbs To go!
Follow my Frugal Keto journey here: https://www.youtube.com/user/juicyjackie

Comments

• cornishchick
    Options
    hello. I try and eat LC, I have bookmarked this page to follow, as its always good to get new recipes especially with store cupboard ingredients.
    today's mood is brought to you by coffee, lack of sleep and idiots.

Living on my memories, making new ones.
    declutter 104/2020

November GC £96.09/£100.
    December GC £00.00/£100
  • helensbiggestfan
    Options
    Well done juicyjackie on the weight loss.  

I am trying to eat largely paleo/low carb too so will join. I look forward to following and getting some new recipe ideas.  😂

• Nonnadiluca
    Options
    Best low carb recipe, imo, beetroot and red onion roasted with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, add some walnuts and a few figs, (figs optional, I have also used prunes) and stir in some feta when it's cooked. Absolutely delicious! I believe the recipe is from Michael Moseley's blood sugar diet book. Looking forward to other low carb recipe ideas.
    Fashion on the ration challenge 2023: 66 - 2 = 64 - 1.5 = 62.5
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    This long thread staggers on from time to time - still worth a read.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spinach (defrosted frozen is easier than fresh as it's already compacted!), lump of fish on top, tip some yogurt or creme fraiche over the fish - maybe add some spices, top with a bit of grated parmesan and maybe a couple of slices of tomato. Low cal low carb... 
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I use spinach a lot..instead of rice etc
  • Narola1976
    Options
    Please can I join. I am diabetic and my sugars are so high. I know LC is the best way to bring them down but finding it hard both motivationally and cost wise...not a great cook either so meals are so boring, it’s hard to stay on plan. 
    Starting Total in September 2019 = £38287.77
    Current Total = £25534.10
    33% of debt paid off so far

Debt Free by Christmas September August July June 2023!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback