We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Awful weather - typical Brits talk

Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Arb, hope the rest was forthcoming after moving stupid amounts of compost!
    PP, that's some beautiful blossom, the colours are lovely and so varied.Your pic of the robin  looks like it's gone on holiday somewhere tropical :) Is the rhubarb in a sunny bit or is it in a frosty bit? I ould pull all the affected stalks and see what new comes up.
    Farway, the lavender sounds good. I really hate the smell but if the bees love it then... I might have got some more stachys and eryngium ::cough cough::It  also looks like the larger seeds sprout well in the levingtons and the tomatoes and some chillies, but all the baby ones, are having trouble.
    YBL, your dad had the right of it..I still have a mantra of WWDD, what would daddy do, whenever a morally ambiguous questions arises regarding the aquisition of objects, and the answer is always, just aquire it, you can always give it away or use it somewhere :)
    I cartainly came back from the trip splitting pond lillies with a haul of things, hollyhocks, achillea, honesty, hellebore, the pond lillies and some other stuff I forgot the name of. Never got to a gardeners garden with a bucket, it will fill up. I feel guilty now for only giving a heuchera and some white lavender. And I also bit the bullet and ordered spent mushroom compost [ if it still has spores in it, free mushrooms, whoop whoop! ]
    I have aa friend coming round tomorrow for lunch, I'm making greek salad and giant beans [ the beans are in a lidls tin]have to cram in some gardening between her visit, and then I hve to cram in reading the free garden mags before someone comes to fetch them at half four.. I thought I'd have time today but it flew by
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    2p, sorry I didn't mention your pic but I couldn't tell what it was, daisies, or clover or stones [ yes, me new contact lenses are coming soon!] so I was hoping someone would mention what it was and then I'd be able to confidently say :)
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback