We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Awful weather - typical Brits talk

Options

Comments

• YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've done both Arb. My toms are still considering their options so I've planted more in case the original ones decide against it *shrug*  Probably when we get a bit of warmth the first lot will burst forth and I'll be inundated, but who knows. 
    Ants can survive in a microwave: they are small enough to dodge the rays.
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's looking full steam ahead, Dusty. Shame about some of the neighbours though.

Your germolene tin will be a collectors item soon, YBE :D   Exciting re. plans for the garden - hopefully the builder will come up with something you're happy with.

AR, good luck with the compost delivery. No idea on the beans and peas re-sowing. How are your chitting potatoes doing??

The bad news is my new rhubarb patch is the same as the parent patch - about half of the leaves are affected :(  I'd estimate the two different patches are about 15'-20' apart?? I wasn't sure about harvesting from the new patch this year anyway, although they do have skinny red stems that look edible. 

The good news is it's another beautiful day forecast here. I'll probably be moving rocks and stones today, rather than proper gardening, as my blister is still sore and I have holes in my gardening gloves...
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aye I bet you're right pp  :(  :D 
    Ants can survive in a microwave: they are small enough to dodge the rays.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure