Awful weather - typical Brits talk

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 12,999
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Here you go - garden ornaments.  B)

I'll have to leave now, I have apostrophe pedantry coming on ;) , and I do hope it is a deliberate spelling mistake in Ornaments :s

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Aye why aren’t they all apostrophised? Gotta admit though, I do pronounce it ‘orniments’ now ha haa! 

I’m with you on the pedantry Farway. I used to have a good collection of pics on my phone, signs in shops mostly but also menus occasionally. That phone died :( 
    In 1915, the lock millionaire Cecil Chubb bought his wife Stonehenge. She didn't like it, so in 1918 he gave it to the nation.
  • Do they perhaps sell a wide range of bird related garden decor, with the compost being sourced from a local farmer by the name of Pot? 

Unfortunately I can't come up with an explanation for agregates... ;) 

But I can't say I'm militant about it - they can be 
    funny mistakes, but it's not the end of the world as long as it's understandable  
    I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
  • She does sell bird related garden decor Arb, and we're fairly rural here so there may well be a farmer called Pot. Let's go with that :neutral: Not militant here either, they're just something that makes me smile :) 

Gawd you oldies don't know you're born ha haa! 7' and £600? What I wouldn't give for 7' and £600! :lol: It's -2 here, ''feels like'' -4 and a bitter wind. Worse tomorrow mind. How’s DGD with the cold Farway? Bet she wishes she was on the Isle of Widget now eh? 

Helloo wellies. Hurray for 90 years old aunts! Is she keeping the docs and nurses in line? :) How goes your house hunting? I’ve forgotten if you’d said you’ve found something…? That's awful about the blackie and the wren, I hope they found somewhere else..  And in this cold weather too, poor wee souls :s 

That sounds like good progress gb, at least you've got stuff ready to go. I don't know about best times to prune stuff.... I hope the mice are outside not inside! 
    In 1915, the lock millionaire Cecil Chubb bought his wife Stonehenge. She didn't like it, so in 1918 he gave it to the nation.
  • greenbee said:
    ...and have acquired two cats. Unfortunately they won’t be up to doing much about mice for a while as they’re not much bigger than mice at the moment.
    Reported as I'm fairly sure it's illegal to say this then not provide pictures! 
    I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback