PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2020 - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, thanks Brambling.
    I think one of the reason I don't write it down is that if I did, I could no longer be in  denial about all the little extras that sneak their way in.

Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Artytarty
    Options
    Thank you, ill try to Hold onto the fact that the general trend is downwards.
    i completely understand the elderly animal related stress eating. Been there got the t shirt as they say.
    i complain that little white cat keeps me awake by sleeping between my pillow and the headboard thus causing me to sleep like a Z shape because i am 5 9 or 10, cant remember which!
    Turns out I cant sleep without him as i was up at half past two looking for him because he hadnt come to bed! Armchair find of course.
    today may not be great for me as I have my elderly mother coming for dinner, we always have a gin or two and then i like to feed her up. I eat well too as its not worth the hassle of her saying i dont need to lose weight.
    so far
    breakfast- one weetabix and a cup of tea.
    lunch- bowl of vegetable and noodle soup.
    dinner- pork loin chop, mashed potato, i dont ever eat much not been keen on them,
    roast butternut squash and carrot, steamed cabbage.
    dessert will be a stewed  apple and sponge Affair with a small spoonful of custard.
    there may also be a glass of wine.
    snacks- coffee only.
    its not great, i am aware, but its Mums day, keeps her going and i send her home with leftovers.
  • rosewoodspa
    Options
    Well, I've had a good start this weekend, although not as low carb as maybe I would like. 
    Breakfast: Milky coffee in a tiny cup (so only about 75ml)
    Lunch: Scrambled egg on HM sourdough toast - 3 eggs but just one small slice of toast
    Dinner: 2 chicken thighs with peas and carrots, small banana
    Snacks: Two more tiny milky coffees and one small square of dark chocolate
    Exercise: 90 minutes of tennis, half doubles and half singles, 40 minute walk
    Mini victory - I made sponge puddings for the family who always come for Sunday dinner and didn't eat any of the mixture as I made it. I can easily resist the pudding but not scraping the bowl is torture!!

I found a programme on the computer called Visualize Me, where you can create an avatar that looks like you - put in weight, height, hair colour etc and then look at what you would like like at different weights. It was quite inspiring but made me realise that being only five foot tall I am never going to look like a willow wand!!

• sn1987a
    sn1987a Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you Brambling for organising this! My target will be 9 pounds. With Christmas and some birthdays coming up, it will be a challenge!
  • Artytarty
    Options
    Not a good start to the day.
    got annoyed with the husband over Trump, well really im upset that my family arent allowed to visit on y birthday. I know plenty of other people who are bending the rules once in awhile but oh no! Not us 🧐
    I digress, the above lead to me eating one weetabix and two pieces of fresh baguette with marmalade.
    Im just annoyed with the world today, maybe iWill feel better after my Yoga class, for The sake of everyone else I hope so!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure