Time to Face The Music

Comments

• LittleMissDetermined
    LittleMissDetermined Forumite Posts: 7,189
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Photogenic
    Forumite
    Don't tell the dog, but his new neckerchief is actually a baby's bib 🤣🤣🤣
    This made me actually laugh out loud. Hubby thinks I’ve lost the plot! 
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2023 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot £3632.51 | EF £782/£1000 | Sabbatical £0/£10000 | Holiday fund £325 | General Saver £1261.23
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Forumite Posts: 19,739
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    You’ll ruin his street cred 😆
    Christmas Savings 2023 £426.48/£600 October NSD:2 September Surveys 1p Savings Challenge no 72: £500.94/£667.95
  • ladyholly
    ladyholly Forumite Posts: 2,414
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 29 September 2022 at 7:51PM
    If the dog complains tell him to put it triplicate in writing and it will be considered. :D:D
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Forumite Posts: 10,539
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Pay day today and a busy finances day. £300 sent to CC7, £200 sent to the savings account and £100 sent to the premium bonds account.

I will update the totals when we get back home again. 

Busy day instore again today. Will start off with a full English breakfast to set us up for the day. Thinking a simple pasta bake and garlic bread tonight. We will be parked in the middle of nowhere tonight so must make sure we have everything with us that we need.
  • LittleMissDetermined
    LittleMissDetermined Forumite Posts: 7,189
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Photogenic
    Forumite
    Happy pay day! Once my debts are done I think I will start with the premium bonds, it seems a good option.
    LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2023 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot £3632.51 | EF £782/£1000 | Sabbatical £0/£10000 | Holiday fund £325 | General Saver £1261.23
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Forumite Posts: 19,086
    Forumite
    Fun fact - I’m officially an “End-to-Ender”! 😁

Loving the idea of the dog in the bib, bless him, he’d give you the side-eye if he knew! 

If you find yourself on The Lizard then the beach cafe at Poldhu is amazing (the hot chocolate - oh MY!) and the walk from the Church at Gunwalloe (there’s parking there although check it’s motorhome-friendly) is lovely too. 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    2023 "Gym Neutral Fund" - £104.46/£280 (Membership taken 01/2/23)🏋🏻♀️ 2023/24 Gym cost per use: at 19/06/23 £20.00 per visit! (14) 🏋🏻♀️
    she/her
  • RelievedSheff
    Forumite
    Fun fact - I’m officially an “End-to-Ender”! 😁

Loving the idea of the dog in the bib, bless him, he’d give you the side-eye if he knew! 

If you find yourself on The Lizard then the beach cafe at Poldhu is amazing (the hot chocolate - oh MY!) and the walk from the Church at Gunwalloe (there’s parking there although check it’s motorhome-friendly) is lovely too. 
    Heading that way tomorrow. Will have a look thank you.
  • RelievedSheff
    Forumite
    The weather has been a bit grim today so our plans have changed several times along the way.

We started with a trip to Marazion to see St Michael's Mount. That was always part of the plan.

Our intended stop for the night at Mullion Cove didn't work. The van was too big for the road and it was very exposed down there.

So we quickly remade plans to visit Lizard Point. I mean who does that on a day like today? It was bleak, very bleak. But that is another cardinal point ticked off now. Only the most westerly to go.

We decided in the end after being blown around and rained on all day that we would head to the campsite at Carnon Downs where we were booked in tomorrow to see if we could tag another night on. Luckily they could. So we are now tucked up dry and warm with a beer watching the horizontal rain outside.

We have an unexpected day of driving tomorrow now. Might jump on a bus somewhere. The site looks nice from the quick drive around we had looking for a pitch but there isn't much here a quick Google is suggesting. Bus to Falmouth might be on the cards tomorrow. 

The weather has been that wild we have not stepped off the van to plug it in yet 🤣🤣🤣

• RelievedSheff
    Forumite
    Marazion. St Michael's Mount.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Forumite Posts: 19,739
    Forumite
    The weather has been dire here too from lunchtime onwards so looks like it’s been countrywide. Stay nice and cosy in the van.
    Christmas Savings 2023 £426.48/£600 October NSD:2 September Surveys 1p Savings Challenge no 72: £500.94/£667.95
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 339K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 601.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback