New: Forum announcement

edited 9 July at 9:45AM in Site Feedback
43 replies 1.1K views

Replies

• another_casualtyanother_casualty Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I replied about a question regarding privacy . 
    I received a reply more or less putting my mind at rest . I repied and said. Could do this morning . Never received a reply to confirm. When I replied Just now , I receive a cloud flare error message which lists my ip adress / router etc .
    I replied to that reply , telling them that m s e still has many glitches .
    The moments gone , due to lack of communication ..and a buggy website that should have been fixed by now .
    i'll leave it there 🤦‍♂️
    Too many people ..too many problems .  I Step away from the news, media and oppression as much as possible ( and adverts!) and realise that my life matters ,and maybe..just maybe ... life is not crap .
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on when these new "improvements" are going to be implemented?
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    waamo said:
    Any news on when these new "improvements" are going to be implemented?
    :D  🤣  😂
  • another_casualtyanother_casualty Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took part on Monday . I quite enjoyed it . Time seemed to go very quickly .
    This morning I received an email from Hargreaves lansdown . I have a very tiny pension in there . They wanted me to do the same type of conversation with them .
    Not sure if I want to , as it seems to be a trend now ..
    Too many people ..too many problems .  I Step away from the news, media and oppression as much as possible ( and adverts!) and realise that my life matters ,and maybe..just maybe ... life is not crap .
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took part on Monday .
    Took part in what?
  • edited 5 October 2020 at 7:31PM
    another_casualtyanother_casualty Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 October 2020 at 7:31PM
    J_B said:
    I took part on Monday .
    Took part in what?
    The survey that @fatbelly mentioned on the previous pages of this thread 
  • LeodoggerLeodogger Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I am new to this changed forum style and so cannot find where to subscribe to threads.   There used to be a "thread tools" option to select but I can find nothing where I can keep track of my questions without going into my profile and "Questions asked".   Is there a short cut on the message thread itself?
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    26.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does bookmarking your threads achieve what you are looking for? There's a bookmark button on each thread. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • LeodoggerLeodogger Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    elsien said:
    Does bookmarking your threads achieve what you are looking for? There's a bookmark button on each thread. 
    Don't know because I don't know what it does?   Also I used to get emails when a new post was added to a thread I had posted a question on but now do not, so why is that?
  • edited 9 November 2020 at 8:55AM
    Suffolk_lassSuffolk_lass Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 November 2020 at 8:55AM
    Leodogger said:
    elsien said:
    Don't know because I don't know what it does?   Also I used to get emails when a new post was added to a thread I had posted a question on but now do not, so why is that?
    Bookmarking has the same effect as subscribing. If you go into your own profile you can choose what type of notifications you receive as an email - and if you want to tag someone use the @ symbol in front of their name (no space) and if they have a notification for when they are mentioned they can see your post. 

If you want to view your "subscribed" (bookmarked) threads use the symbol to the right of the little envelope and choose all bookmarks at the bottom of the drop-down. Your notifications of updates to threads you have bookmarked will tot up next to the bell, to the left of the envelope (personal messages).
    HTH.

Save £12k in 2021 - #26 aiming for £7,500 - £7,393.37 98.58% after September
    OS Grocery Challenge 2021 target £1,974.32/£3k 65.81% annual after Sep (not incl £500 contingency)
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman