Replies

• J_BJ_B Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    waamo said:
    J_B said:
    Wondering how long it will be before this thread is 'closed'
    Surely, someone must have a positive comment on this 'new improved' forum? 😉
    It will probably be closed due to lack of interest. Tucked away with less than 100 views.
    I suppose then they can say they consulted board users and invited feedback to the auditors but there was little interest.
    It's actually had 130 views (wow) but maybe these auditors should look at the initial 'forum snagging' which got to 2702K views with 365 replies before they closed it https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6100014/new-forum-snagging/p1

• waamowaamo Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole "announcement" seems a bit pointless. Weeks later and no sign of anything. 
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    waamo said:
    The whole "announcement" seems a bit pointless. Weeks later and no sign of anything. 
    I suspect that the crux of it all is the bit where they say Over the next few months, they will scrutinise every aspect of our community management, including how we deal with abusive users and inappropriate behaviour. And, crucially, how we protect our users and staff from the impact of this.
    As long as nobody is 'offended' by anyone else, the poor quality of the 'new-improved' forum is maybe irrelevant .... perhaps?
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J_B said:
    waamo said:
    I suspect that the crux of it all is the bit where they say Over the next few months, they will scrutinise every aspect of our community management, including how we deal with abusive users and inappropriate behaviour. And, crucially, how we protect our users and staff from the impact of this.
    As long as nobody is 'offended' by anyone else, the poor quality of the 'new-improved' forum is maybe irrelevant .... perhaps?
    I was rather surprised by the bit in bold. I didn't know they dealt with problematic users. Or perhaps they are going to start dealing with them? Who know? 
  • KatiehoundKatiehound Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, they do.
    I got a 'yellow card' earlier this year because I said something only slightly rude? Well, I wouldn't have called it that,  it was an off the cuff everyday comment.
     I can't remember now, but if you get another yellow card or 2/ a red card you are banned from the site.

That was the first time it ever happened to me in....what 10 years!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

• waamowaamo Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, they do.
    I got a 'yellow card' earlier this year because I said something only slightly rude? Well, I wouldn't have called it that,  it was an off the cuff everyday comment.
     I can't remember now, but if you get another yellow card or 2/ a red card you are banned from the site.

That was the first time it ever happened to me in....what 10 years!
    Would you describe yourself as a "problem user" though? It would seem not from your description. Problem users seem to linger for ever without issue but long standing members seem to attract warnings.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    85.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem users do seem to eventually trip over their own tongues. Though with the written word. The tone is often difficult to detect. What is normal everyday language to one person may offend another. Even if no offence was intended. 
    Real insurance claim quote : -

"Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.".
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    16.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    venison said:
    Before the "improvements" I spent quite a bit of time on MSE contributing to a number of sub forums, since the "improvements" I spend less than 15 minutes a day, purely it has to be said more out of habit than interest. How MSE has the gall to describe itself as one of the UK's biggest forums is beyond me, it is now a "failing" forum, I wonder how many of those 1.9 million accounts they migrated are active? my guess is not even a quarter of them.
    Wake up MSE and smell the coffee ! 
    I can identify with this.

I only found out about this 'announcement' as I was directly emailed by mse and invited to complete a survey.

I too have struggled with the 'improvements' and feel I am nowhere near as effective in giving assistance to others (mostly on dfw and bankruptcy) as previously.  I have updated my OS and browser to the latest (not entirely due to the change - I had a hard drive problem and needed to replace it) and yet still cannot work the site as well as I could the old one, and still have to refresh several times before the layout sorts itself out..

The dfw/bankruptcy boards are much less active than they were but still effective and worth persevering with - honourable mention to Sourcrates - but some boards now get less than one post a day and probably should be combined with others as this forum shrinks back.

If anyone reacts to this post I won't see it as I can't be bothered to manually 'bookmark' this thread, which is one very annoying feature of the new site. And I can't work the search facility.
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    10.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fatbelly said:
    venison said:
    Before the "improvements" I spent quite a bit of time on MSE contributing to a number of sub forums, since the "improvements" I spend less than 15 minutes a day, purely it has to be said more out of habit than interest. How MSE has the gall to describe itself as one of the UK's biggest forums is beyond me, it is now a "failing" forum, I wonder how many of those 1.9 million accounts they migrated are active? my guess is not even a quarter of them.
    Wake up MSE and smell the coffee ! 
    I can identify with this.

I only found out about this 'announcement' as I was directly emailed by mse and invited to complete a survey.

I too have struggled with the 'improvements' and feel I am nowhere near as effective in giving assistance to others (mostly on dfw and bankruptcy) as previously.  I have updated my OS and browser to the latest (not entirely due to the change - I had a hard drive problem and needed to replace it) and yet still cannot work the site as well as I could the old one, and still have to refresh several times before the layout sorts itself out..

The dfw/bankruptcy boards are much less active than they were but still effective and worth persevering with - honourable mention to Sourcrates - but some boards now get less than one post a day and probably should be combined with others as this forum shrinks back.

If anyone reacts to this post I won't see it as I can't be bothered to manually 'bookmark' this thread, which is one very annoying feature of the new site. And I can't work the search facility.
    That's interesting and very useful thank you. It seems that feedback is by invitation only then. I wonder if any of the more vocal critics will get an invite? I doubt it.