New: Forum announcement

edited 9 July at 9:45AM in Site Feedback
43 replies 1.1K views
1235»

Replies

• Bogof_OAPBogof_OAP Forumite
    165 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Is there any way to stop seeing the cream "we have reviewed the forum rules.... etc. etc." line that appears half way down each page of replies on every thread?  I thought once I had read them I wouldn't see this anymore, but it's still there and it's annoying.
    Used to be Bogof_Babe.  It did need updating!
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bogof_OAP said:
    Is there any way to stop seeing the cream "we have reviewed the forum rules.... etc. etc." line that appears half way down each page of replies on every thread?  I thought once I had read them I wouldn't see this anymore, but it's still there and it's annoying.
    It's just yet another 'improvement' of this fabulous new forum - if you use uBlock Origin as an ad blocker, you can use that to block it
  • HanSpanHanSpan Forumite
    532 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Leodogger said:
    elsien said:
    Does bookmarking your threads achieve what you are looking for? There's a bookmark button on each thread. 
    Don't know because I don't know what it does?   Also I used to get emails when a new post was added to a thread I had posted a question on but now do not, so why is that?
    Bookmarking has the same effect as subscribing. If you go into your own profile you can choose what type of notifications you receive as an email - and if you want to tag someone use the @ symbol in front of their name (no space) and if they have a notification for when they are mentioned they can see your post. 

If you want to view your "subscribed" (bookmarked) threads use the symbol to the right of the little envelope and choose all bookmarks at the bottom of the drop-down. Your notifications of updates to threads you have bookmarked will tot up next to the bell, to the left of the envelope (personal messages).
    HTH.
    Is there any way to get emails for only some of the bookmarked threads?  I'm sure I had it set for each individual one so I don't get flooded with emails for the very busy threads.