IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Abused Patron Parking - Aldi Preston - Care Parking

Hi, 
I have just received a letter from Care Parking to tell me that I have abused patron parking by leaving the site and was wondering if this was possible to appeal? I have seen similar threads about the same car park which used a POPLA appeal to win their case. As their only evidence of me leaving the site is an eye witness would this be possible to win? I also have a bank statement showing proof we shopped in one of the shops.
Thanks.

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Who is the eye witness ??
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 August 2020 at 12:23PM
    If you were an Aldi customer then email their CEO with proof of patronage and ask for the PCN ref 123456789 to be cancelled , use the term WE when talking about what happened , we shopped in your store etc

This is plan A in the newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum (you have read it ???)

No blabbing about who was driving or about who may have left site
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    complain to the store manager with copy of receipt / or / the CEO at head office ( his email will be found with a forum search)
    it will be cancelled...

Ralph B)
  • beamerguy said:

I am assuming the person who took the photos of my car in the car park

Redx said:
    If you were an Aldi customer then email their CEO with proof of patronage and ask for the PCN ref 123456789 to be cancelled , use the term WE when talking about what happened , we shopped in your store etc

This is plan A in the newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum (you have read it ???)

I don't have a reciept from aldi but i do from poundstretcher next door. i have already contacted care parking on the phone before reading this thread, will this matter as nothing was in writing?

• BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    these are a doddle to win at popla , 
  • Redx
    beamerguy said:

Redx said:

I don't have a reciept from aldi but i do from poundstretcher next door. i have already contacted care parking on the phone before reading this thread, will this matter as nothing was in writing?

Never phone a parking company , they may record the conversation and nothing good can come of it

If it's a retail park , complain to the managing agent

Appeal as keeper using the blue text template from the newbies FAQ sticky thread

No blabbing
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    did you but at Aldi? if so quote an approximate time and the manager will find your receipt

Ralph B)
  • Redx said:
    beamerguy said:

Redx said:

Never phone a parking company , they may record the conversation and nothing good can come of it

If it's a retail park , complain to the managing agent

Appeal as keeper using the blue text template from the newbies FAQ sticky thread

No blabbing
    Yes I understand I shouldn't have called but that was before I had read this forum, I will email Aldi CEO. If I appeal do I do this through care parking's appeal process or go directly to POPLA?
  • Ralph-y said:
    did you but at Aldi? if so quote an approximate time and the manager will find your receipt

Ralph B)
    Unfortunately not, only pound stretcher but I could try their CEO also I suppose
  • Redx
    edited 5 August 2020 at 12:58PM
    You cannot go to Popla without a valid Popla code from a rejection by care parking

This is a hurdle race , where you jump each one in turn , you cannot bypass any of them

But a landowner or managing agent cancellation is always best , nip it in the bud , talk to the organ grinder , not the monkey , that is the shortcut to the finish line
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback