We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nationwide Mortgage

1…312313315317318…325

Comments


  • Hoping they get a shift on with mine. Valuation was done last Tues, received on Friday. Not that they have texted me to tell me, I only found out as I called for an update.
  • Yeh same.  Valuation had been done on mine but wasn't notified (turns out it was a desktop val).  Have had a few rounds of sending extra docs to them which has been tedious too.
  • muffinek
    muffinek Posts: 155 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    I am with Nationwide. My current fixed deal ends 30th Apr. I wanted to check what's currently on the offer if I was to switch but when I log on to Mortgage Manager I get a message I don't have any products I could switch without ERC. I am now less than 6 months away from my current deal ending so I should be able to secure new deal,right? 
  • muffinek said:
    I am with Nationwide. My current fixed deal ends 30th Apr. I wanted to check what's currently on the offer if I was to switch but when I log on to Mortgage Manager I get a message I don't have any products I could switch without ERC. I am now less than 6 months away from my current deal ending so I should be able to secure new deal,right? 

    I've had similar issues with Nationwide, my fix ends the same time as you.

    (see the I'm a broker ask me anything thread where I've been given some advice.)


    They keep changing the terms for when you can change penalty free, on 1st Oct it was 5 months prior then around 6th Oct they changed to 6 months then on the 1st Nov they changed back to 5 months and by the looks of the info on the other thread it's changing to 4 months from 1st Dec.  So you'll likely have to pay an ERC to switch before 1st Jan. 

  • Had our offer through yesterday.

    Timeline went as follows:

    17/10 - Application submitted
    24/10 - More docs requested (re-send payslips)
    24/10 - Extra docs submitted
    28/10 - More docs requested (send extra statement)
    31/10 - Extra docs submitted
    07/11 - Offer received

  • I had a nightmare with Nationwide & the valuation that they arranged. 
       It took over a week for them to get back to me after the valuation was done…only for them to knock me back based on said valuation 😭
  • neets
    neets Posts: 53 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Joining this thread as I’m waiting on a decision from Nationwide. 
    31/10 offer accepted
    1/11 mortgage application made
    1/11 valuation and survey booked
    2/11 valuation and survey took place
    6/11 report received - all ok
    7/11 additional docs requested & submitted 

    now waiting. Been advised about 4 working days for initial assessment 😬 
  • wasif_786
    wasif_786 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 14 November 2022 at 6:07PM
    FTB 85%

    10/11 DIP (soft search Equifax) 

    11/11 App submitted ( only asked payslip) Hard search Experian

    11/11 Text: Application received

    14/11 more documents requested (Bank statements)



    No valuation texts yet but more documents request, does this mean initial underwriting has started? 
  • neets
    neets Posts: 53 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    neets said:
    Joining this thread as I’m waiting on a decision from Nationwide. 
    31/10 offer accepted
    1/11 mortgage application made
    1/11 valuation and survey booked
    2/11 valuation and survey took place
    6/11 report received - all ok
    7/11 additional docs requested & submitted 

    now waiting. Been advised about 4 working days for initial assessment 😬 
    Update: just received my confirmation of mortgage offer this morning 🥳 18/11. There was a slight delay because of the request for additional docs on 7/11. Just waiting for the offer in the post to check & sign. 
  • Hi everyone. Just had my application submitted through a broker this morning. I’m a FTB applying for an 80% LTV helping hand mortgage (5.5x salary). 

    Had a request to send proof that my debts (credit card) had been settled in full which I sent. 
    Was then told my application would be sent to the underwriter for the initial review which will take 4-5 working days, which they then may ask for initial documents. 

    Then upon the initial underwriting being successful, they’ll request the valuation. 

    So so nervous. Never done anything like this before. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.